Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala has invited e-tenders for providing Consultancy to upgrade International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) certification from Bronze performance level to Silver performance level.
- Tender Number: MTQ/18831/II/RCF/IRIS/Cons/2021-22
- Name of Works: Consultancy to upgrade International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) certification from Bronze performance level to Silver performance level.
- Period of Completion: 6 months
- Tender Submission Start Date: 28-05-2021
- Tender Submission End Date: 11-06-2021
- Tender Bid Open Date: 11-06-2021
- The offers of only those Consultant Bodies would be considered who have successfully guided of any Indian organization / company/firm engaged in manufacturing/ assembling work similar to that of RCE, enabling it to receive ISO TS 22163 certification in minimum Bronze performance level.
- The tenderer may visit RCF Kapurthala to see the nature & volume of the work before submitting the tender from 28.05.2021 to 10.06.2021 on working day only.
About Rail Coach Factory:
Established in 1986, RCF is a coach manufacturing unit of Indian Railways. RCF has already carved a niche in the industrial scenario of the country at large and Indian Railways, in particular.
- It has manufactured around 28000 passenger coaches of different types including Self Propelled passenger vehicles which constitute over 50% of the total population of coaches on Indian Railways.
- RCF is equipped with a state-of-the-art CAD centre and CNC machines to undertake design and manufacture of Bogies, Shell (both with Stainless Steel and Corten Steel), FRP interiors as per customer’s requirement.
- The state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes have enabled RCF to achieve excellence in Design, Development, Manufacture, Installation and After-sales service of Railway coaches with a view to ensure enhanced satisfaction of the Rail customer.
RCF has a strong tradition of innovating and developing new products and has a very wide manufacturing range of products which includes:-
- 1st AC Sleeper Coach (BG)
- 2 Tier AC Sleeper Coach (BG, MG)
- 3 Tier AC Sleeper Coach (BG)
- AC Inspection Coach (BG)
- AC Chair Car, Executive Class & Economy Class (BG, MG)
- AC Buffet Car (BG)
- AC Power Car (BG)
- MG Diesel Electrical Multiple Units
- Main Line Electrical Multiple Units (BG)
- Non-AC Sleeper Class Day Coach (BG)
- Non-AC General Coach (BG/MG)
- Non-AC Luggage-cum-Brake Van (BG/MG)
- Refrigerated Parcel Van (BG)
- Non AC Inspection Coach (BG)
- High Capacity Parcel Van (BG)
- Accident Relief Train (BG)
- Post Office Coach (BG)
- Coaching Container Flats (BG)
- Double Decker Coach (BG)
- Non-AC Day Coach (BG)
Design, development and manufacture of AC 3 Tier coach with Roof Mounted AC Package Units by RCF has revolutionized AC travel in the country. Since 1998, High Speed AC Chair Cars and Generator Cars designed and manufactured by RCF have been running in New Delhi – Amritsar Shatabdi Express service of Indian Railways. Tested at upto 180 kmph, the vehicles feature Disc Brakes, Flexicoil Secondary Suspension, UIC Draw Gear and Panoramic Windows.
Source: RCF-Tender | Image Credit (representational): RCF