Under the Indian Railways Green Energy initiative, Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala has now enhanced its rooftop Solar plant capacity in addition to the existing 100KWp plant. RCF has planned to enhance its solar energy production capacity by 900 KWp under the RESCO model.
- In the first phase of this project, solar plant of capacity 151.38 KWp ( kilowatts peak) under has been commissioned at the Administrative Building of RCF, 25.06.2021.
- It was inaugurated by Shri Ravinder Gupta, GM/RCF in presence of PCME and other senior Officers of RCF.
- This plant will generate 604KW per day and generate 2,20,460 KWh per year .
- This will save electric saving of Rs 6,18, 288 per year.
- RESCO will establish and operate the plant and charge a very nominal rate of electricity from RCF.
- The second phase of balance work is in progress and will be commissioned shortly at various locations in RCF.
- These solar panels will be installed at the Technical Training Centre, Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital, Senior Secondary School and other locations.
- A total of 900 KWp will generate 13,14,000 KWh and save electricity energy of an amount of Rs. 39,42,000.
- The setting up of the Solar Plant will help RCF in its endeavor to provide a clean environment besides , reducing the need for finite resources.
- Meanwhile, Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala has created another record in the production of coaches during the fiscal 2020-21.
- Rail Coach Factory, which is one of the largest coach manufacturing unit has produced as many as 1500 coaches during the the year 2020-21, of which 1497 are LHB coaches.
- It manufactured 1342 coaches during the last corresponding year i.e. 2019-20.
About LHB coaches:
- The modern LHB coaches, that are based on German technology, were first introduced on the Indian Railways network in the year 2000.
- However, the first indigenous LHB coach was put into service on the rail network in 2003.
- As compared to conventional ICF- design train coaches, the LHB coaches are considered to be better,safer and technologically advanced.
LHB coach production:
- Interestingly, 1500 coaches manufactured during the year are highest in the last 5 years, with 1489 coaches last manufactured in 2016-17.
- Also, the increase in production volume is significant due to hard times of covid pandemic during which production remained suspended for a considerable time .
- RCF had another feather in the cap when 182 coaches were produced in the month of March , thus surpassing the highest ever monthly coach production of 154 coaches in the December’ 2020.
- Again , a record average daily production of 7.28 coaches a day was achieved during this month, which is the highest ever daily coach production in the history of RCF.
- During Feb’2021, RCF achieved average daily production of 6.30 coaches.
- Besides on a LHB coach production spree, RCF won many laurels during the year.
- It rolled out a new 83 berth AC 3 Tier Economy coach with comfort rich features.
- Modern passenger amenities have been taken to a new peak in this coach which successfully passed the high speed oscillation trials conducted by RDSO, Lucknow.
- Also, RCF produced a Double Decker equipped with the most modern amenities that can run at a top speed of 160 kmph.
- RCF also rolled out Light weight Parcel coach Mark-II for quicker transportation of parcel goods.
- RCF not only achieved record LHB production but also gained special acclaim in the country by producing new products like LVPH Mark-2, Economy 3AC and 160 KMPH double-decker.
- RCF will start bulk production of AC Economy Class Coaches besides commencing the new coach designs of LGS AC, Narrow Gauge Vista Dome and Narrow Gauge Coaches for export.
Source: RCF-Press Release