RailTel Corporation of India Limited, a CPSU under Ministry of Railways, has bagged an order from South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a Coal India Subsidiary for the work of MPLS-VPN (Multi-Protocol Label Switching-Virtual Private Network) Connectivity for 529 Locations under SECL Command Area including Weigh Bridges, Washeries, Mines, Area Offices and SECL Headquarter. The work order is valued at Rs 186.19 Crore (including GST).
- SECL is a Mini Ratna PSU & is one of the subsidiaries of Coal India Limited. It is the highest coal producing company of India. The coal mines of SECL are spread across two states namely Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
- The awarded work order entails creation of MPLS VPN Network across SECL along with installation of Network Equipment, UPS, Racks and also connecting all locations through OFC & RF based last mile media. RailTel will also build/upgrade a Network Operations Centre specifically for SECL which will monitor the entire locations.
- The MPLS VPN will be used for accessing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software hosted at Delhi & Mumbai Data Centre. This MPLS-VPN network created by RailTel for CIL subsidiaries is in a big way facilitating the implementation of the mega project of single instance ERP system across Coal India Ltd. which has been christened as ‘Project Passion’ with the objective of increasing efficiency and productivity. ERP will facilitate CIL to take real-time decisions, increase productivity and reduce costs.
Talking about its Shri Sanjai Kumar, CMD, RailTel said: “Coal sector has always been an important sector for RailTel and we have been implementing many projects for CIL and its subsidiaries. RailTel is the primary Service provider & serves Coal India & its 9 Subsidiaries with nearly 2400+ locations across India. RailTel has robust domain expertise for MPLS-VPN and is committed to provide best services to our clients. Our efforts will go a long way in digitizing the coal sector resulting in process optimization and business growth.”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong and reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centers as well.
- With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission-mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services etc.
- RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public WiFi at railway stations across the country and 6100+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): RailTel