Share with your network
RailTel bags an order for revamping existing infrastructure of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. Total value of the contract is Rs. 58.17 Crore (excluding taxes).
- RailTel, a Mini Ratna PSU under Ministry of Railways bagged an order from Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) also known as Namma Metro for Revamping the existing IT Infrastructure at 51 Stations and 2 Depots and Comprehensive AMC for a period of 5 years extendable upto further 5 years.
- Total value of the contract is Rs. 58.17 Crore excluding taxes. Delivery period is 3 months. RailTel bagged this prestigious order through Domestic open & competitive bidding process.
- The proposed network aims at providing delivery of Internet service at all BMRCL stations & Depots. Network can further support further enhancement like Traffic Control, Access Control & services which can be run on priority.
- This IP-MPLS network shall fulfil all the internet services and Enterprises services link Data forward, VPNs & Multicast services. The proposed network will have multiple ring architecture. Further, the network consists of 4 parts Viz., DC & DR, Core network, Aggregation network & Access network at each station.
Talking about it, Shri Sanjai Kumar, Chairman and Managing Director said, “ The order from Banglore Metro Rail leverages our Railways and Telecom heritage and we hope to make this a focus area.A robust IT Infrastructure will enable smooth operation and services for the benefit of metro passengers.
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a Pan-India optic fibre network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong and reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centres as well.
- With its Pan India high capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data centre services etc.
- RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6108+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): BMRCL
Be the first to comment