RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., a Mini Ratna Central Government PSU of Ministry of Railways has entered into the agreement with the Wadhwa Group, one of India’s leading real estate development companies and a prominent realty player in Mumbai for developing Broadband Internet infrastructure for internet & DTH/Cable TV at their Wadhwa Wise City, Panvel, Navi Mumbai.
- Under the agreement, Railtel will invest to plan, design & create a state-of-the-art wired infrastructure capable of delivering high-speed Broadband, Linear Cable TV services, and other Value Added Services (VAS) at Wadhwa Wise City, a Smart City project developed by The Wadhwa Group. Wadhwa Wise City is an integrated township project spread across 138 Acres.
- It is also the first of its kind agreements by RailTel with a private reality developer to develop this kind of infrastructure. RailTel will build the entire end-to-end infrastructure and will have the exclusive rights to lay the wired and wireless infrastructure for a period of 10 years within the Smart Township. RailTel will provide Broadband Internet Services under its brand name of “Railwire”.
- Further RailTel shall also augment capacity and plan a resilient network to handle RailWire traffic as per business projections. It shall also create RailWire Pops to provide network connectivity to Wadhwa Wise City Residents.
Talking about it Smt. Aruna Singh Chairman & Managing Director, RailTel said, “RailTel is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country. The Nationwide broadband internet service ‘RailWire’ by RailTel is quite popular due to its reliability and affordable tariff and its Subscriber base has grown to nearly 4.6 Lakhs+ subscribers all over the country. Railtel has recently launched truly unlimited broadband plans bundled with 13 OTT (Over-The-Top) services to RailWire customers. The Company is providing satisfactory services to many sectors which include Railways, Defence, Coal, Health, Education sectors, etc. This is our first agreement to develop this kind of infrastructure in a large township like Wadhwa Wise City and we will implement it efficiently. Our focus will be to create a state-of-the-art infrastructure for the residents of the township at a very minimal additional cost. Our efforts will be to secure more similar agreements.”
Speaking about the agreement, Mr. Navin Makhija, Managing Director, Wadhwa Group said, “Wadhwa Wise City, Panvel has been designed keeping the buyer’s overall wellness and all the lifestyle needs in mind. The township is strategically located close to several infrastructure developments and with the government’s strong focus on developing Panvel, this region is slated to be the next economic growth corridor. Therefore, this partnership with RailTel will ensure that the residents at Wadhwa Wise City will enjoy the best-in-class internet and value-added-services offered over this infrastructure.”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centers as well. RailTel operations are certified with various certifications including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2013 and CMM Level-4 for its quality management systems, Information security Management systems, and Service Management Systems respectively.
- With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society on various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission-mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field. RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services etc.
- RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6100+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): RailTel