RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. (RCIL) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) for Selection of System Integrator cum implementation partner for delivery of customer of RailTel (CoR) project of “Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of IP/MPLS at various metro stations in DMRC” on back-to-back basis from RailTel’s empanelled BAs/ SIs / partners.
- EOI No: RailTel/EOI/NR/LMC/BA/21-22/Business Delivery/RO/NTP/03 dated 19.06.2021
- Estimated Cost of Work: Rs.6,60,12,705/- (Excl. GST)
- Submission of EOI documents: 26-06-2021 on 15:00 Hrs
- Opening of EOI documents: 26-06-2021 on 15:30 Hrs
Scope of Work:
- The broad responsibility of the BA/SI under the scope of work for this EOI shall be as per the scope of work including all the terms & conditions as defined in the tender of CoR.
- It may be noted that the subject EoI is called for selection of System Integrator cum implementation partner for delivery of Customer of RailTel (CoR) project of “Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of IP/MPLS at various metro stations in DMRC” on back-to-back basis, hence, all commercial conditions, technical compliances to specifications etc. will be applicable on BA/SI selected to execute the work.
Meanwhile, in March this year, RailTel had bagged worth Rs. 7.22 Crore contract from DMRC for supply of IP/MPLS at various Delhi Metro Stations.
RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise is an ICT provider and one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network on exclusive Right of Way (ROW) along Railway track. The OFC network covers all important towns & cities of the country and several rural areas.
- Presently, the optic fiber network of RailTel covers over 55,000 route kilometers and covers 5,677 railway stations across towns and cities in India.
- RailTel is an ISO certified company.
- Its operations are certified with various certifications including ISO 9001:2015, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and CMMI Level-4 for its quality management systems, information security management systems, and service management systems, respectively RailTel has a strategic relationship with the Indian Railways and it undertakes a wide variety of projects including provision of mission critical connectivity services such as video surveillance system at stations and within trains, ‘e-Office’ services and implementing short haul connectivity between stations and long haul connectivity to support various organizations within the Indian Railways.
- RailTel also undertakes various passenger services including content on demand services and Wi-Fi across major railway stations in India.
Meanwhile, RailTel has invited E-Tenders in Single Stage Two Packet, Reverse Auction System for “Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning, Integration with Existing VSS Infra, Operation and Maintenance of IP based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at Railway Stations under Eastern Region of RailTel for and on behalf of Indian Railways from Nirbhaya Fund.
- Tender No.: RailTel/Tender/OT/ER/HQ/2020-21/VSS/1294
- Closing date for Submission of E-Bids: Up to 14:00 hrs of 07.07.2021(online)
- Date of opening of E-Bids: Up to 14:30 hrs. of 07.07.2021 (online)
Installation of VSS at Stations:
- In order to enhance security at Railway stations which are major hubs of transportation, Indian Railways is in the process of installing Internet Protocol (IP) based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at stations, that is, waiting halls, reservation counters, parking areas, main entrance/ exit, platforms, foot over bridges, booking offices etc.
- Railway Board has approved works for provision of Video Surveillance System at stations over Indian Railways under Nirbhaya funds.
- RailTel, a Miniratna PSU under Ministry of Railways, has been entrusted with the work of providing IP based VSS with video analytics and facial recognition system.
Source: RailTel-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC