RailTel Corporation of India has invited Expression of Interest for Selection of Partner for Supply and Execution of Signalling and Telecommunication work for Customers of RailTel Enterprises Ltd.
- Tender Reference Number: REL EoI Empanelment of Partners 2021-22 04
- Name of Work: Expression of Interest EOI for Selection of Partners for Supply and Execution of Signalling and Telecommunication work for Customers of RailTel Enterprises Ltd
- Tender Value: INR 7,00,00,000/-
- Period Of Work: 180 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 24-Mar-2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 18-Apr-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 24-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 18-Apr-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 18-Apr-2022
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this EOI is to enter into agreement with two basic motives:
- Enter into agreement with eligible Business Partner for the work related to “Supply and Installation of works related to Signalling and Telecommunication”. The eligible partner with eligibility conditions and REL together will participate in the tenders floated by Indian Railways or any other work involving “Supply and Installation of works related to Signalling and Telecommunication”. The detailed scope of work shall be circulated to all eligible Business Partner by RailTel at the time of requesting the quote to selected Business Partner. However, this agreement shall not be applicable on the work received on nomination basis or tendered /floated by REL to promote open competition.
- The Criteria for recognising Business Partner in the order of merit shall be:
- Value of Technical Eligibility Criteria.
- Value of Financial Eligibility Criteria in the case two or more firms have same value of Technical Eligibility Criteria. However, Financial Criteria mentioned as per para 6.2 need to be mandatory satisfied by the firms.
- In the Event two or more firms have same Technical and Financial Eligibility Criteria the latest date of Completion of work as per completion certificate provided.
- The advertised tender value above shall be regarded as Rs. 7 Crore for Technical and Financial Eligibility Criteria.
- First 7 Empanelled Business Partner in the order of merit starting from highest to lowest value of credentials as per above Criteria shall be normally requested for the quote. However, in the event one or other Business Partner is removed on account of non responsiveness or being barred to participate in bidding process due to some reason next subsequent and onward in the list shall be included in the Top 7 list. In this regard decision of REL shall be final.
- While proceeding for identifying the lowest Business Partner for each work being participated by REL separate rates shall be requested from the list of approved Business Partner for execution of items as per request quote.
- REL shall initiate request from selected 7 Approved Business Partner for participating in the tender. Accordingly REL will finalise the Business Partner for the execution of the work. The criteria shall be as per lowest value of quote.
- The quantities and scope shall be decided by REL depending upon the capabilities, experience and parallel execution by Business Partners for the work.
- BP should ensure their cost and profit margins are inclusive. No separate conditions shall be accepted.
- No EMD is requested at this stage while finalising the Business Partner. However EMD @ 2% of Quoted value shall be required to be submitted by Business Partner while submitting their Quote to REL when requested for participating in the work.
- Accordingly lowest business partner shall be given the task to perform on Contract basis in case work is awarded to REL. Separate agreement shall be signed between REL and Business Partner. REL reserves the right to select the items, quantities and scope of work to be executed by Business partner for parallel and speedy progress of the work. EMD of unsuccessful Business Partner shall be returned after signing of contract with successful business partner.
- Terms and Conditions for separate agreement with Business Partner shall be same and binding as per the original agreement with REL and Railways or other agencies. The Business Partner should also submit Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) of value equal to 3% of Contract Agreement value with REL. The deposited EMD (if any) shall be converted into Security deposit and same shall be recovered from On Account Bills @ 10% upto a maximum amount of 5% of Contract Value.
- In case of Variations in execution of work all conditions available in the contract agreement shall be applicable as (i) i.e principal contract agreement.
- In the event, a Business partner fails to provide their offer for consecutive 3 times to REL when requested, their name shall be removed from the list of approved Business Partner with termination notice.
- It is the responsibility of Business Partner to submit Credentials to REL.
- RailTel Corporation of India Ltd (RailTel) is one of the largest neutral telecom
- infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fibre network on exclusive Right of Way (ROW) along Railway track.
- The OFC network presently reaches to over 4500 towns & cities of the country including several rural areas.
- With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts.
- The portfolio of services provided by RailTel includes Data Centre & DR services, Tele-presence as a service, NLD services, IP-1 services, Internet and Broadband services on a pan-India basis.
- Equipped with an ISO 9001, 20000-1:2011 & 27000 certification, RailTel offers a wide gamut of managed telecom services to Indian Telecom market including Managed lease lines, Tower colocation, MPLS based IP-VPN, Internet, Data Centre services, NGN based voice carriage services to Telecom Operators, Dark fibre leasing to MSOs/LCOs.
- The major customer segment for RailTel comprises of Enterprises, Banks, Government Institutions/Department, Educational Institutions/Universities, Telecom Service Providers, Internet Service Providers, MSOs, etc.
- RailTel being a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” PSU is steaming ahead in the enterprise segment with the launch of various services coupled with capacity augmentation in its Core network.
The documents can be downloaded from https://www.ireps.gov.in.
Source: RailTel-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR