RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. has invited open e-tender online bids in two packet system on prescribed form from bonafide firms/companies having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work of “Design, Supply, Installation, Wiring, Testing & Commissioning of Tunnel Radio communication system (VHF Simplex) for Tunnels falling under sections of Kasara-Igatpuri, Panvel-Karjat and Karjat-Lonavala of Mumbai Division, Central Railway as per RDSO specification RDSO/SPN/TC/109/2019 with latest Amendment/Revision”.
- Tender Reference Number: RailTel WR E Tender OT 2021 22 Tunnel Comm R
- Name of Work: “Design, Supply, Installation, Wiring, Testing & Commissioning of Tunnel Radio communication system (VHF Simplex) for Tunnels falling under sections of Kasara-Igatpuri, Panvel-Karjat and Karjat-Lonavala of Mumbai Division, Central Railway as per RDSO specification RDSO/SPN/TC/109/2019 with latest Amendment/Revision”.
- Approximate Cost: INR 33.11 Crore
- Completion period: 09 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 24-Nov-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 08-Dec-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 24-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 08-Dec-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 08-Dec-2021
Scope of Work:
- Provision of Tunnel Radio Communication system (VHF) through leaky coaxial cable for Tunnels falling under sections of Kasara-Igatpuri, Panvel-Karjat and Karjat-Lonavala of Mumbai Division, Central Railway as per RDSO specification RDSO/SPN/TC/109/2019 with latest Amendment/Revision.
- This work includes Design, Supply, Installation, wiring, Testing & Commissioning of Tunnel communication system (VHF Simplex). Supply of equipment as per schedule items, supply and fixing of various types of cables inside tunnel, erection of tower and installation of antenna over tower/Structure/Tunnel wall etc. wherever required, as per specifications in tender documents and commissioning of complete system.
- The bidder has to carry out required survey in line with the attached schematic in the Tender Document and submit the quote accordingly against SOR. In case of any additional items required to complete the required communication in side the Tunnel shall be mention along with bid and concern rates shall incorporated in the SOR items.
- It is further to mentioned that successful bidder is to carry out the survey of complete section and submit drawings comprising of sectional details, modality of cables to be laid inside/outside the tunnels, chainages, offset of the cables to be laid, cross sectional dimension of the cable laid inside the tunnel, positioning of active/passive devices and any other item required to be depicted for approval of Railway
- authorities. Initially 3 copies in A3 size document set (covering the 1 or 2 km length of section) for putting up the case for approval to Railway authorities. Subsequently to modify/correct/update the required documents(in hard copies) till the approval accorded by the competent authority.
- After completion of work 5 sets of approved documents an drawings along with associated soft copy shall be handed over to RailTel/Railway.
- VHF Simplex are to be extended as per Railway Requirement in Tunnels for communication during maintenance and constructional blocks, communication in the train in between Guard & Driver, Emergency radio communication between driver, guard, station master & Cabin etc.
- The system shall be so designed to be compatible for three categories of tunnels i.e. tunnels less than 500 meters per Bore, more than 500 meters to 5000 meters per Bore and tunnel more than 5000 meters length per Bore. When a tunnel length is less than 500 meters but is one of the cluster of many tunnels, this 3.8 should be considered as length more than 500 meters and continued as the part of nearby tunnels of the cluster. Accordingly, redundant master unit as per para 1.7 of RDSO specification is to be deployed for complete redundancy.
- The leaky cable should be compatible for upgradation of VHF system for frequency bands for LocoTrol, GSM- R/LTE & TCAS communication as and when required by Railway. Not applicable.
- OFC cable to be laid in existing Tray provided in Tunnels by re-opening the same and re-fixing after laying of cable.
- Track crossing of cable wherever required with prior approval.
- The contractor shall provide a Tunnel Radio System, which guarantees a complete radio Capability in the entire tunnel.
- The complete Tunnel Radio System shall be as uniform as possible. Further, devices which are easy to expand and change shall be used. The different parts of the Tunnel Radio System shall be arranged by easy changeable, pluggable units with very accessible operator’s controls.
- The section where work is to be executed is Kasara-Igatpuri Section, Panvel-Karjat section and Karjat-Lonavala section of Central Railway
- The information and data stated and incorporated in the Tender documents elsewhere is for the general guidance only and may vary as a result of more detailed site investigation and construction drawings.
- Any other incidental/ancillary works for successful completion of works and as directed by the Engineer-in-charge the cost shall be borne by contractor. Co- ordination with concerned State/Central Govt. authorities for shifting various existing utilities, if required. Submission of Videos and digital photographs of various work sites (both hard and soft copies).
- The works(s) specified under this contract shall include all general works, compliance with all general/special conditions of contract, whether specifically mentioned or not, all materials, apparatus, plants, machinery, tools, fuel, water, power supply, strutting, timbering, scaffolding, formwork, shuttering and tackling problems of every description, transport, offices, stores, workshop, staff, labour and the provision of proper and sufficient protection works, diversion, temporary fencing, lighting and watching required for safety of the public and protection of the works and adjoining land, first aid equipment, sanitary, accommodation of the staff and workmen, the effecting and maintenance of all insurances, the payment of all wages, salaries, fees, royalties, duties or the other charges arising out of the erection of works and regular clearance of rubbish, clearing up and leaving site clean on completion.
- The cost of all such items required for successful completion of the work and as described above shall be deemed to have been included in the rates given in the Schedule for various items and percentage rate quoted by contractor and nothing extra shall be payable.
- Responsibility to supply all the materials mentioned in SOR lies with the bidder. In case, for procurement of few of the materials, there is a need for WPC license then RailTel will further seek help of Central Railway authorities to extend required support for getting so.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed / downloaded from the e-Procurement portal i.e. https://www.ireps.gov.in.
Source: RailTel-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR