RailTel Corporation of India Ltd. (RailTel) has invited E-Tenders in Single Stage Two Packet, Reverse Auction System for “Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning, Integration with Existing VSS Infra, Operation and Maintenance of IP based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at Railway Stations under Eastern Region of RailTel for and on behalf of Indian Railways from Nirbhaya Fund.
- Tender No.: RailTel/Tender/OT/ER/HQ/2020-21/VSS/1294
- Closing date for Submission of E-Bids: Up to 14:00 hrs of 07.07.2021(online)
- Date of opening of E-Bids: Up to 14:30 hrs. of 07.07.2021 (online)
Installation of VSS at Stations:
- In order to enhance security at Railway stations which are major hubs of transportation, Indian Railways is in the process of installing Internet Protocol (IP) based Video Surveillance System (VSS) at stations, that is, waiting halls, reservation counters, parking areas, main entrance/ exit, platforms, foot over bridges, booking offices etc.
- Railway Board has approved works for provision of Video Surveillance System at stations over Indian Railways under Nirbhaya funds.
- RailTel, a Miniratna PSU under Ministry of Railways, has been entrusted with the work of providing IP based VSS with video analytics and facial recognition system.
- To have a better coverage and clearer image, four types of Full HD Cameras – Dome type (for indoor areas), Bullet type (for platforms), Pan Tilt Zoom type (for parking areas) and Ultra HD- 4k cameras (for crucial locations) are being provided.
- CCTV camera live feeds are displayed on multiple screens at the Railway Protection Force (RPF) control room for monitoring.
- Each HD camera at the station consumes approximately 1TB of data and 4k camera consumes 4 TB data per month.
- The recording of the video feeds from CCTV cameras will be stored for 30 days for playback, post event analysis and for investigation purposes.
- Important videos can be stored for longer duration.
RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise is an ICT provider and one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network on exclusive Right of Way (ROW) along Railway track. The OFC network covers important towns & cities of the country and several rural areas.
- Presently, the optic fiber network of RailTel covers over 59500+ route kilometers and covers 5990+ railway stations across India. Our citywide access across the country is 18000+ kms.
- RailTel has a strategic relationship with the Indian Railways and it undertakes a wide variety of projects including provision of mission critical connectivity services like IP based video surveillance system at stations, ‘e-Office’ services and implementing short haul connectivity between stations and long haul connectivity to support various organizations within the Indian Railways.
- RailTel also provides various passenger services including content on demand services and Wi-Fi across major railway stations in India.
Tender Notice and link for Tender Document are available on RailTel’s website, CPP portal and e-Tendering portal https://ireps.gov.in for download.
Source: RailTel-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR