- RailWire Subscribers need not to buy prepaid Wi-Fi plans at Railway Stations and can use their RailWire FTTH subscription on RailTel’s Wi-Fi network at Railway Stations.
- To avail this facility they just need to use their Smartphone, switch on Wi-Fi, select RailWire SSID and click hyperlink provided on Captive Portal (log in screen) to punch RailWire User ID and Password.
- RailTel’s Wi-Fi at Railway Stations are spread across India and is one of the single largest integrated Public Wi-Fi networks, globally, which gets accessed by more than 10 lacs unique users every day. Currently RailWire has 4.82 lakh subscribers across India and the number is only growing.
- Recently, RailTel introduced “RailWire SATRANG” , Multi Faceted Multi Screen Broadband Entertainment Packages to redefine new age Digital Experience of Streaming OTT (Over-The-Top) Entertainment Contents “On The Go” (subscribe thorough RailWire and Use anywhere), response of which has been very encouraging. OTT contents can now be enjoyed on any of the 6105 Railway Stations using Stations Wi-Fi network while family members may enjoy OTT at Home broadband at the same time.
- The OTT bundled RailWire broadband plans start from 499/- per month with 14 OTTs, which is quite affordable and is available across the country. RailWire has internet penetration in rural areas with more than 50% of subscribers in semi urban/rural areas.
Talking about it, Shri Sanjai Kumar, CMD-RailTel said ,”RailTel is committed to strengthen its RailWire infrastructure, spread deeper into data starved areas, unleash more infotainment offering and improve value propositions for its RailWire customers in near future . Making home broadband plan available at Station WiFi network across India is a unique value proposition for our esteemed RailWire customers”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure & ICT Solutions & Services providers in the country, owning a Pan-India optic fibre network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong and reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centres as well.
- With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission-mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLS VPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services etc.
- RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hubs by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6100+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): RailTel