Hon’ble Minister of Railways Communications, Electronics and IT Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, inspected Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal Bengaluru on 05-09-2021. Shri Vaishnaw appreciated the team of engineers who conceived and executed this project. He stated that the facilities, amenities provided for enhancing the comfort and convenience of passengers at Sir MV Terminal, will become a benchmark for the stations which will be built in the future all over the country.
- Hon’ble Minister, reviewed the operational aspects of the railway yard, amenities and innovative features provided at the station.
- He discussed with senior officers of SWR, led by General Manager Shri Sanjeev Kishore, about the potential for transportation of parcels from this terminal.
- He instructed the officials to formulate proposals to generate revenue from running of parcel special trains to transport white goods, industrial tools, textiles and other products manufactured in this area.
- The station is equipped with 7 platforms, is designed to serve a footfall of 1 lakh passengers per day and is equipped with features like Braille signage, ramps to access the subway apart from escalators and lifts.
- This makes it a Divyangjan-friendly station.
- Eco-friendly water recycling plant is also present at the station.
- Shri Vaishnaw said that the issue of limited/narrow road access to the Terminal will be sorted out very soon in consultation with BBMP.
- Hon’ble MP Shri PC Mohan, General Manager SWR Shri Sanjeev Kishore, Principal Chief Operations Manager Shri Hari Shankar Verma, DRM Bengaluru Shri Shyam Singh, Chief Administrative Officer, Construction Shri Desh Ratan Gupta, and other senior officers of SWR, ADGP Railways Shri Bhaskar Rao, Chief Commissioner BBMP Shri Gaurav Gupta were present.
Source: South Western Railway-Press Release