RITES has secured a work from National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited for Establishment and Maintenance of Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) along 487 km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor, excluding 21 km undersea tunnel.
- This contract would be for a period of 6 years.
- RITES fees for the said work will be Rs. 67. 79 Crore.
About Mumbai–Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor:
The first High Speed Rail corridor to be implemented in the Country, with technical and financial assistance of the Government of Japan, has been identified from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. With a total twelve stations in the States of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the corridor will have a length of 508.17 Km.
- High speed rail will cover 155.76 kms in the state of Maharashtra (7.04 Kms in Mumbai sub-urban, 39.66 kms in Thane district & 109.06 kms in Palghar district), 4.3 kms in union territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and 348.04 kms in the state of Gujarat.
- High speed rail will cover a total 12 stations namely Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, (in Maharashtra), Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati (in Gujarat).
- Where a limited stop (in Surat & Vadodara) service will cover this distance in 1 hr. and 58 mins and all stops service will take 2 hr. 57 min to cover this distance.
- High speed rail will be operating at a speed of 320 Km/hr at an elevated (10 to 15 m) track above the ground on a viaduct all along except 26 kms in Mumbai, which will be underground.
- All stations will be elevated except Bandra Kurla Complex station (Mumbai), which will be underground.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Ltd., a Government of India Enterprise was established in 1974, under the aegis of Indian Railways.
- RITES is incorporated in India as a Public Limited Company under the Companies Act, 1956 and is governed by a Board of Directors which includes persons of eminence from various sectors of engineering and management.
- RITES Ltd., an ISO 9001:2015 company, is a multi-disciplinary consultancy organization in the fields of transport, infrastructure and related technologies.
- It provides a comprehensive array of services under a single roof and believes in transfer of technology to client organizations.
- In overseas projects, RITES actively pursues and develops cooperative links with local consultants / firms, as means of maximum utilization of local resources and as an effective instrument of sharing its expertise.
Source: RITES-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL