After emerging L1 bidder, RITES has now secured General Consultancy order from Haryana Rail infrastructure Development Corporation Limited for their Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor (HORC), which is a new electrified Broad-Gauge double line (about 144 kms) from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna, Manesar and Kharkhoda in the state of Haryana with speed potential of 160 kmph.
Fee payable to the consortium will be about Rs. 61 crores.
According to the tender document, the objective of the consulting services (the “Services”) is to provide General Consultancy Services for successful planning, basic & detailed designs, preparation of specifications, preparation of proposal documents and tender assistance, checking designs, project management and supervision including construction supervision, safety, quality and environmental management, interface management, testing and commissioning of the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor (HORC) (the “Project”). The planning shall include O&M phase as well.
- The Government of Haryana (GoH) has applied for financing from the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) towards the cost of the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the consulting services.
- The project is being implemented by Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HRIDC), JV Company of Ministry of Railways (MoR) and Govt. of Haryana (GoH).
About Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor:
In September last year, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda.
This Rail Line starts from Palwal and ends at the existing Harsana Kalan station (On Delhi-Ambala section). This will also give connectivity enroute to existing Patli Station (On Delhi-Rewari line), Sultanpur station (On Garhi Harsaru-Farukhnagar Line) and Asaudha Station (On Delhi Rohtak Line).
- The project will be implemented by Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HRIDC), a Joint Venture company set up by the Ministry of Railways with the Government of Haryana.
- The project will have joint participation of the Ministry of Railways, Government of Haryana and private stakeholders.
- Estimated completion cost of the project is Rs. 5,617 crore.
- The project is likely to be completed in 5 years.
- The districts of Palwal, Nuh, Gurugram, Jhajjar and Sonipat districts of Haryana will be benefited through this rail line.
- This will facilitate diversion of traffic not meant for Delhi thus decongesting NCR and will help in developing multimodal logistics hubs in Haryana State sub-region of NCR.
- It will provide high-speed seamless connectivity of this region to Dedicated Freight Corridor network resulting in reduction of cost and time of transportation for EXIM traffic from NCR to ports of India, making exports of goods more competitive.
- This efficient transport corridor along with other initiatives will provide infrastructure to attract multinational industries to set up manufacturing units to fulfil the ‘Make in India’ mission.
- The project will connect unserved areas of the state of Haryana, thereby boosting economic and social activities in Haryana State.
- This multipurpose transport project will also facilitate affordable and faster commuter travel, long distance travel in different directions from Gurugram and the industrial regions of Manesar, Sohna, Farukhnagar, Kharkhauda and Sonipat.
- Approximately 20,000 passengers each day will be travelling through this line and 50 Million Tonnes goods traffic would also be carried out every year.
Source: RITES-Tender update | Image Credit: HRIDC