Share with your network
RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways has invited for the work of Design, Drawing, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of 25KV, 50 Hz Single Phase Balanced OHE works for BRBCL Nabinagar Railway Siding, District-Aurangabad, Bihar, India under DDU Division”
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/CO/BRBCL/NBG/Balanced OHE
- Name of Work: Design, Drawing, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of 25KV, 50 Hz Single Phase Balanced OHE works for BRBCL Nabinagar Railway Siding, District-Aurangabad, Bihar, India under DDU Division”
- Estimated Cost: INR 6.12 Crores
- Period Of Work: 365 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 25-Feb-2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 12-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 25-Feb-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 12-Mar-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 14-Mar-2022
Scope of Work:
- The scope of work under this contract includes “Design, Drawing, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of 25KV, 50 Hz Single Phase Balanced OHE works for BRBCL Nabinagar Railway Siding, District-Aurangabad, Bihar, India under DDU Division”.
- The length of the railway siding comprises 12.5 TKMs approximately. The area covered by the alignment is plain territory. Over Head Equipment at 25 KV AC 50 Hz systems shall be designed for wind pressure of 105 Kgf per sq.m (39 m/s wind speed) or as required by Railways.
- The conventional type of OHE will be provided in all new lines proposed.
- The main component of the Overhead Equipment adopted for erection of OHE will be as follows:
- The minimum and maximum spacing between the structures and implantation will be as per Indian Railways norms. Clearances as per norm are to be maintained for all power line crossing, FOB, ROB, Conveyer belt and LC Gate.
- Brief Description: Essentially the traction overhead equipment shall consist of a standard catenary wire from which a grooved contact wire is suitably suspended by means of droppers.
- Catenary: The catenary wire shall be of cadmium copper 19/2.10 mm, 65 sq. mm cross-section.
- Contact Wire: The contact wire shall be grooved and made of hard drawn copper having 107 sq.mm cross-sections.
- Droppers: Dropper shall be made of hard drawn round copper wire, approximately 5 mm dia. Droppers shall be spaced not more than 9 m apart. (e) Encumbrance: As a general rule, the nominal “encumbrance” i.e. the axial distance between the catenary and the contact wire at the support shall be 1.40 Deviation from this figure will be permitted in special cases (e.g. spans near over bridges, structures with more than one cantilever etc).
- Jumpers: All jumpers connected to OHE conductors shall be copper only. The in-span jumpers, potential equalizer jumpers at insulated overlaps and neutral section, shall be of 50 mm nominal, 19/1.8 mm size. Flexible jumpers of nominal section 105 sq mm, 19/7/1.06 mm size shall be used at overlaps turnouts, crossings etc.
- Bridle Wire: Bridle wire for supporting contact wire for regulated tramway equipment shall be of cadmium copper 7/2.10mm size.
- Anti-theft jumper: Anti-theft jumper of 50 sq mm nominal, 19/1.8 mm in sie shall be used in out of run wire of conventional OHE and copper cadmium anti-creep wire as an anti-theft measure. The jumpers connecting the Aluminum conductor to any other conductor terminal or clamp shall be made with the aid of suitable bi-metallic clamps.
- All aluminium jumpers of size 19/7/1.4 mm bare 3/4 hard shall be used to connect other Aluminium conductors such as return conductor. The tail ends of feeder wires from the strain clamps at the termination of a feeder. Return feeder or return conductor may be connected directly to a terminal or clamp where feasible to avoid the use of a separate jumper wire.
Type of Equipment:
The overhead equipment used shall be of the regulated type.
- Regulated: In the regulated type of overhead equipment, the tension of both the catenary and the contact wires shall be maintained at a constant value at all temperature/temperatures by means of automatic tensioning devices desired to take up the variation in the length of overhead equipment due to temperature variation.
- An anti-creep shall be provided at a point approximately midway between two tensioning devices and not more than 750 meters from any one of them. The arrangement shall generally consist of the galvanized steel wire anchored on the masts adjacent to the anti-creep central mast in accordance with the relevant drawing. Alternatively, the arrangement may consist of anchoring the catenary on either side of the boom of a portal with the contact wire running through and providing a jumper connection as per general arrangement shown in typical drawing issued by RDSO.
- Tramway type Equipment regulated (Contact wire only): In tramway type equipment regulated, only a contact wire is provided without a continuous catenary or droppers. The tension in the contact wire is regulated. At support, bridle wire is used for supporting the contact wire.
- The section in which different types of equipment should be provided, are indicated in the enclosed drawing.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Miniratna (Category -I) Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India, having diversified services and geographical reach.
- The company has experience spanning 47 years and has undertaken projects in over 55 countries across Asia, Africa, South America, and Middle East region.
- RITES Limited is the only export arm of Indian Railways for providing rolling stock overseas (other than Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia).
Tender documents may be downloaded from CPPP website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app and from RITES website https://www.rites.com
Source: RITES-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR
Be the first to comment