RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Complete overhauling of BHEL make Traction Machines (TMs, TAs & TGs) of WDS6 type ALCO Locomotives.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/RES/2022/BSP/R6Y/Tr. Machines
- Name of Work: Complete overhauling of BHEL make Traction Machines (TMs, TAs & TGs) of WDS6 type ALCO Locomotives.
- EMD: INR 4.97 Lakh
- Completion Period: 24 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 02nd August, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20th August, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14th August, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 20th August, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 22nd August, 2022
Scope of Work:
- The OEM maintenance instructions are to be followed for the purpose of overhauling the traction Motors. The major activities involved in the overhauling of Traction Motor are given below:
- Dismantle the machine and thoroughly clean the armature and field system. Dry out in the oven at 120 deg C. After drying out, check the hot insulation resistance and if it is greater than one mega ohm, apply a high voltage test to the windings.
- Check the armature open and short circuits as per OEM MI.
- Remove the brush arms from the magnet frame. Check the condition of the insulators, carbon brushes and brush holders. Renew if necessary.
- Check all cables and connection straps on the Magnet frame for damage.
- Check the armature bearing for any damage. Replace if necessary.
- Check the armature shaft for damage to the bearing & pinion seating.
- Check the armature for loose bands, solder throwing etc. recondition as necessary.
- Mica Undercut and chamfering of Armature Commutator.
- Treat the overhauled armature with solventless polyester (GE 702 or equivalent) insulating varnish.
- Dynamically balance the armature, reassemble the motor, and repaint the exterior of the machine.
- The contractor must follow the OEM maintenance instructions for precaution to be taken to avoid damage to the components.
- Any other activities, which are essential for successful overhauling of the Traction Motor.
- Re-assembling of Traction Motor after replacement of mandatory parts and conditioned based parts, if any.
- Testing of Traction Motor as per OEM MI in presence of RITES representative.
- Overhauled Traction Motors should be painted with one coat of red oxide & two coats of paint enamel for black color.
- The Bidder should have satisfactorily completed in his own name at least one similar work of minimum value of INR 3,97,57,867/- (Rupees Three Crore Ninety-Seven Lakh Fifty-Seven Thousand Eight Hundred Sixty-Seven Only). OR
- At least two similar works each of minimum value INR 2,48,48,667/- (Rupees Two crore Forty-Eight Lakh Forty-Eight Thousand Six Hundred Sixty-Seven only). OR
- At least three similar works each of minimum value of INR 1,98,78,933/- (Rupees One Crore NinetyEight Lakh Seventy-Eight Thousand Nine Hundred Thirty-Three only). during the last 7(seven) years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of the Bid. Works completed prior to the cut-off date shall not be considered.
- Similar Works shall mean the work of “Manufacturing/Overhauling of traction machines (Traction motors/Traction Generators /Traction Alternators of Railway Locomotives/DEMUs/MEMUs/EMUs) carried out in India under a single contract (including additional work carried out under the contract).
- The firm shall submit proof/ supporting documents in this regard. In case the Bidder (Indian Company) wishes to rely on a work completed abroad, the value of such completed work in foreign convertible currency shall be converted into Indian Rupees.
- The conversion rate shall be decided by RITES based on the rates of currency on the date of completion of work (the bidder to also submit the currency conversion rate as on completion date of the Credential Certificate relied upon by the bidder for the purpose of work experience).
- Further, such a bidder (Indian Company) should have also completed at least one work of value minimum INR 1,24,24,333/- cost of work, in India in the last 7 years.
- In support of having completed above works, attach self-attested copies of the completion certificate from the owner/client or Executing Agency/Consultant appointed by Owner/Client indicating the name of work, the description of work done by the Bidder, date of start, date of completion (contractual & actual) and contract value as awarded and as executed by the Bidder. “Contract Value” shall mean gross value of the completed work including cost of materials supplied by the Owner/Client but excluding those supplied free of cost.
- Credential certificates issued by Government Organizations/Semi Government Organizations of Central or State Government; or by Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies of Central / State Government or their subsidiaries/by Public Ltd. Companies listed in Stock exchange in India or Abroad or subsidiaries of such companies shall only be accepted for assessing the eligibility of a Tenderer.
- In case of PPP projects, if the bidder has executed a work for a concessionaire who is one of the aforesaid organizations, then the certificate issued by such concessionaire or by the public authority concerned, will also be acceptable.
- In case of a Certificate from a Public Limited Company or its subsidiary, the Bidder should also submit documentary proof that the Public Ltd. Company was listed in the Stock Exchange in India or Abroad when the work was executed for it.
- Information must be furnished for works carried out by the Bidder in his own name or proportionate share as member of a Joint Venture. In the latter case details of contract value including extent of financial participation by partners in that work should be furnished.
- If a Bidder has got a work executed through a Subcontractor on a back-to-back basis, the Bidder cannot include such a work for his satisfying the Qualification Criterion even if the Client has issued a Completion Certificate in favor of that Bidder.
- Only similar works completed during the last 7 years prior to the last stipulated date for submission of Bid, which meet the Qualification Criterion need be included in this list.
Source: RITES -Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMW, Patiala