Share with your network
RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Design, supply, installation, commissioning and testing of complete interior furnishing items including electricals for 30 (Thirty) Nos. of cape gauge DEMU coaches.
- Tender Reference Number: 2022/RITES/EXPO/NRZ/DEMU/03/FURNISHING/01
- Name of Work: Design, supply, installation, commissioning and testing of complete interior furnishing items including electricals for 30 (Thirty) Nos. of cape gauge DEMU coaches.
- EMD: INR 49 Lakh
- Period of Completion: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 18th January, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 08th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27th January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 08th February, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 09th February, 2023
Scope of Supply:
- The scope of work consists of Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Testing of complete Interior furnishing items including electricals for 30 (thirty) nos. of Cape Gauge DEMU coaches (5 Rakes of 6 Car each as per configuration- 1 DPC+ 4 TC + 1 DTC) to be exported to National Railway of Zimbabwe as per the coach types given below:
|S. No.||Type of Coach||Layout No.||No. of coaches|
|1||Driving Power Car (DPC)||Layout 008||5|
|2||Driving Trailer Car (DTC)||Layout 009||5|
|3||Trailer Car (TC)||Layout 010||20|
- The above layout for reference, for actual supply to NRZ there may be some minor changes and finally the interior furnishing for above variants shall be developed as per the NRZ layouts.
- The coaches required are to be used for passenger transportation as Intercity Trains on DEMU rakes and shall be developed to meet the performance requirement enumerated at Section-5, “Technical Specification”.
|1||Design, Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Testing of Complete Interior Furnishing Items Including Electricals for 30 (Thirty) Nos. of Cape Gauge DEMU Coaches as per Technical specification, section-5 of this document.||30 coaches (5 Rakes of 6 Car each as per configuration1 DPC+ 4 TC + 1 DTC)|
|2||Maintenance & Operation Manuals and Spare parts & Tools catalogue||15 nos. (hard copy) and soft copy|
|3||Technical Support for Installation & Commissioning of complete Interior furnishing items including electricals at MCF, Raebareli.||Lump sum|
|4||Training: Firm will arrange, free of cost, training to RITES’/ National Railway of Zimbabwe’ representatives at their premises in India for a period of about 10 days. Expenses towards international / domestic travel, Boarding and lodging, local conveyance and related expenses for the trainees will be borne by RITES Limited.||Lump sum|
|5||Warranty support for 24 months from date of commissioning of the equipment or 30 months from the date of supply, whichever is earlier. The supplier shall replace/repair, free of charge, at no cost to the Purchaser, all defective and faulty components during the warranty period at RITES’ warehouse in Delhi.||Lump sum|
- Before commencement of the work, the contractor shall submit a soft copy of drawings / detailed Bill of Material (BOM) in 2D, 3D drawing in editable format to MCF for approval.
- This involves regular interaction with MCF on design aspects. The successful bidder should be having a Design team for this purpose for day to day technical interactions.
- The fitment of the interior furnishing items supplied by the firm shall be in the scope of the firm itself. The availability of Car body shells for furnishing will be in the scope of MCF.
- Notwithstanding whatever is mentioned in the scope, it is the responsibility of the contractor to ensure fully functional and aesthetically appealing interiors.
- Approved drawings shall be the property of MCF/RITES.
Scope of MCF:
- MCF/RBL shall supply the Maximum Moving Dimensions (MMD), Coach Layout drawings and conceptual drawings for guidance. MCF shall provide bare shells for furnishing as per scope of work.
- MCF will also provide space in the Furnishing shop for this work along with free supply of electricity, water and compressed air needed to complete the interior furnishing at MCF. MCF will also provide the equipment needed during coach lowering and electrical testing.
- Furnishing Items including electrical items to be procured from RDSO/RCF/ MCF/ICF approved sources, as per applicable drawings and specifications.
- Prior approval of MCF to be taken before supply of any item whose approval does not exist in RDSO/RCF/ MCF/ICF.
- Experience related to Electrical work: Since Electrical work is specialized in nature and pertaining to safety of the passenger, the tenderer or its subcontractor should have experience of Electrical work related to production of LHB coach, MEMU, EMU, Power Car or conventional Coaches in Railway Production Units.
- The tenderer or its subcontractor for electrical works should have a valid class A electrical contractor license.
- Coach lowering is in the scope of the bidder, necessary equipment such as lifting jacks will be provided by MCF. Also firms shall be responsible to collect bogies from nearby stored areas for this purpose.
Work in Detail:
- Manufacture, Supply, Installation, Commissioning and Testing of complete Interior furnishing items including electricals for 30 (thirty) nos. of Cape Gauge DEMU coaches (5 Rakes of 6 Car each as per configuration- 1 DPC+ 4 TC + 1 DTC) to be exported to National Railway of Zimbabwe shall be done as below:
- Insulation of passenger compartment of coaches, Guard room, Engine room, inverter/convertor room & radiator room of DPC and DTC:
- Sidewall, partitions, roof of Guard room, Engine room, convertor/inverter room & radiator room shall be Insulated with 30mm thick Rock LLoyd Resin Bonded Rockwool Slab insulation material with black RP tissue density 48 kg/m3 conforming to IS:8183.
- Insulation material to be cut & pasted to the roof sheet, sidewall sheet, partition after clearing the shell members with suitable fixing / pasting arrangement.
- Insulation material, source and application procedure shall be approved from MCF before supply and installation. Successful bidders shall submit their design and drawing for insulation arrangement for approval of MCF before supply.
- Doctrine of Substantial Compliance’: The Pre-Qualification Bidding (PQB) and PreQualification Criteria (PQC) are for shortlisting of sources who are competent to perform this contract to ensure best value for money from expenditure of Public Money.
- This process is neither intended to bestow any entitlement upon nor to create any rights or privileges for the Bidders, by way of overly hair-splitting or viciously legalistic interpretations of these criteria, disregarding the very rationale of the PQB and PQC.
- Keeping this caveat in view, interpretation by Procuring Entity would be based on common usage of terminologies and phrases in public procurement in accordance with the ‘Doctrine of Substantial Compliance’ and would be final.
- Along with all the necessary documents! certificates required as per the tender conditions, the bidder should furnish a brief write-up, backed with adequate data, explaining his available capacity (both technical and financial), for manufacture and supply of the required goods/equipment, within the specified time of completion, after meeting all their current commitments.
Supporting documents submitted by the bidder must be certified as follows:
- All copies of supply/work order; respective completion certificate and contact details of clients; documents issued by the relevant Industries Department/ National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC)I manufacturing licence; annual report, etc.
- In support of experience, past performance and capacity/capability should be authenticated by the person authorized to sign the tender on behalf of the bidder. Original Documents must be submitted for inspection, if so demanded.
- All financial standing data should be certified by certified accountants, for example, Chartered Accountants! Cost Accountants or equivalent in relevant countries; and Indian bidder or Indian counterparts of foreign bidders should furnish their Permanent Account Number.
Tender documents may be downloaded from CPPP website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app and from RITES website https://www.rites.com/
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): RITES
Be the first to comment