RITES Limited, a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways, invites online e-tender for Supply, installation, design & commissioning of electronic interlocking system at SPUR – 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and modifications in existing EI (M/s Siemens Make) at TLSB yard of Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) siding at Talcher in Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/BBSR/E.Co. Rly/Khurda Road Division/S&T/OT-01/2023-24
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, design & commissioning of electronic interlocking system at SPUR – 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and modifications in existing EI (M/s Siemens Make) at TLSB yard of Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) siding at Talcher in Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway.
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 8,56,65,490.90/-
- EMD: INR 17,13,000/-
- Period of Completion: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 08th May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 22nd May, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 22nd May, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd May, 2023
- Scope of work will include supply and execution of all items of EI supply as well as work in the relay/equipment room, power supply equipment room [power supply as required for signalling installation] including all the works in connection with provision of EI relay racks, relay fixing and wiring up to Cable Termination Rack.
- Tenderer(s) shall connect the outside cables on the other side of the terminal of Cable termination rack and it will be the responsibility of the Tenderer(s) to commission the complete installation with outside gears i.e., points, signals and other field signalling equipment and out-door power supply equipment provided as per the standard practice on zonal Railway.
- Commissioning of the entire installation including outdoor and in-door installation as described above, as well, as per the schedule of work is to be undertaken by the contractor. Testing and commissioning will be done in association with Railway/RITES.
- The scope of work will also include all types of works including Civil Engineering as well as supply of materials, trenching, laying, termination of in-door/out-door cables required for interconnection of SSI/E.I. system with Two VDUs, power supply equipments, etc., The Tenderer(s) should therefore ascertain the type of topography by conducting a survey as no extra cost shall be allowed on this account subsequent to the award of contract.
- All other works inside and outside the building shall be done [i.e. connection of cables from SSI/E.I. to power room and from power room to panel room] by the Tenderer(s) taking due care. No material would be supplied by the Railway/RITES.
- Only 110 DC to be available to the tenderer. Necessary Power supply arrangements for making the E.I. equipment functional and other Outdoor and Indoor gears functional.
Scope of Work:
Installation, Testing and Commissioning:
- The installation of the equipment including software loading and required data in-put etc., will be done by the contractor in the Railway premises.
- Testing and commissioning of SSI/E.I. System will be done by the contractor under the Supervision of RAILWAY/RITES Engineer at site. The Tenderer shall depute competent Engineer/Qualified staff for the same.
- The Tenderer shall undertake study/survey of Signalling system/practices used in Zonal Railway and make his own scheme of the interlocking work involved in integration of the in-door equipment with out-door equipment.
- Any equipment/design/component needed to make the entire system successful/functional will be supplied by the Tenderer without any extra cost.
- The Tenderer[s]/Manufacturer[s] have to confirm that the E.I. equipment offered conforms to the latest RDSO specification and Executive Software with latest Version as approved by RDSO.
- The OEM/Authorised representative of the OEM shall give a Certificate before commissioning that “The Installation of Electronic Interlocking complies with all the points of the checklist and that the earthing & Surge protection arrangements are as per the Requirement of Electronic Interlocking and as per RDSO & Board Guidelines.
- Additional wiring for provision of inputs/outputs due to change of Interlocking plan (to incorporate the observations of Railways/CRS) shall be carried out by the contractor expeditiously without any extra cost.
- The E.I design should keep the provision of sectional route release facility if desired by RAILWAY/RITES.
- The Tenderer[s]/manufacturer[s] should have capability to extend/maintenance/repair support for full lifetime equipment of the equipment. For this purpose, they are required to stock spare cards/modules/components and set up a workshop/manufacturing plant/repair centre in India with adequate facilities and trained manpower. Full details of such facilities along with their address should be furnished.
- The Tenderer/manufacturer shall undertake to enter into AMC [Annual maintenance contract] with RAILWAY beyond warranty period, if the RAILWAY desires so.
- After the equipment has been installed and commissioned, the contractor shall be responsible for proper maintenance & supervision of the equipment for a period of one year from the date of commissioning free of cost.
- For this purpose he shall prepare a maintenance plan and make available the services of maintenance staff who will guide and supervise the work.
- During this period of maintenance supervision if any lacuna is noticed in the functioning as a result of any defect in design or manufacture, the same will be rectified by the contractor at his own cost.
- During such rectification if any faulty equipment/modules need replacement or repair, they shall be provided by the contractor at his own cost.
Inspection and Test:
- Inspection and test shall be carried out at the place of production, destination and at site of installation by the RAILWAY authorised representative [Inspecting officer] to ensure that all the requirement of Tender specifications are compiled during manufacture, supplying, installation and commissioning in accordance with Technical Specifications, special conditions of contract and General Conditions of Contract. The inspecting officer shall be nominated by RAILWAY/RITES.
- Notice/Intimation shall be sent in writing at least 3 months in advance by the contractor to the inspecting officer when the stores or materials to be supplied are ready for inspection and test and no materials shall be delivered or dispatched until the inspecting officer has certified in writing that such stores have been inspected and approved for dispatch.
- Subject to provisions in the Tender Document, participation in this Tender Process is open to all domestic bidders who fulfil the ‘Eligibility’ and ‘Qualification criteria as prescribed in this tender document.
- Bidder should meet the following eligibility criteria as of the date of his bid submission and should continue to meet these till the award of the contract. Bidder shall be required to declare fulfilment of Eligibility Criteria in proforma-1.
- The Bidder, unless otherwise stipulated in the tender documents should meet following Eligibility Criteria:
- The Bidder should be a Private or Government Owned legal entity (individual, proprietary firm, firm in partnership, limited company (Private or Public Sector) or corporation).
- The Bidder should not be(or proposes to be), a Joint Venture, unless permitted explicitly as per clause 2.4 hereinafter and Critical Data Sheet
- Bidders should have valid registration with the Employees Provident Fund organisation under ‘EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952’.
- Only Class –I Local Suppliers, as defined in Make-in-India policy, unless otherwise mentioned in these documents.
- Only those contractors/ bidders, who commit themselves to Integrity Pact as per details in Clause 11.2 herein under, would be considered competent to participate in the bidding process.
- In other words, entering into this Pact would be a preliminary qualification. Any bid not accompanied by Integrity Pact duly signed by the bidder shall be considered to be a non-responsive bid and shall be rejected straight away.
- The Bidder should not have a conflict of interest, which substantially affects fair competition. The Bidder and any of its affiliates (associates, subsidiary, JV partner), should not have been engaged by the Ministry/ Department/RITES/Employer to provide consultancy services for the preparation or implementation of this project.
- The prices quoted should be competitive and without adopting any unfair/ unethical/ anticompetitive means. No attempt should be made to induce any other bidder to submit or not to submit an offer for restricting competition.
- The Bidder should not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up, not have its affairs administered by a court or a judicial officer, not have its business activities suspended and must not be the subject of legal proceedings for any of these reasons.
- The Bidder should not have been declared as a Poor Performer by RITES and their name should not currently be in the ‘Negative List’ of RITES.
- The Bidder (including their affiliates or subsidiaries or Contractors/ subcontractors for any part of the contract) should not be currently declared ineligible/suspended/ blacklisted/ banned/ debarred by RITES or by any Central/State Government Department/ Public Undertaking or Enterprise of Central/State Government and such ban should not be in force at the time of submission of the Bid or extended deadline for submission of bid.
- The Bidder should not have an association (as a bidder/ partner/ director/ employee in any capacity) with
- The near relations (defined as first blood relations, and their spouses, of the bidder or the bidder’s spouse) of persons involved in decision making in the procurement as mentioned in Clause 17.1 hereinafter.
- Of retired Gazetted or equivalent rank Officers of the Central or State Government or its Public Sector Undertakings as defined in clause 17.1 hereinafter
- The Bidder must fulfil any other additional eligibility condition, if so prescribed, elsewhere in the Tender Document.
- The Bidder should provide such evidence of their continued eligibility to the Employer/RITES Ltd if so requested.
Source: RITES- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR