RITES Ltd., a Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Railways,acting for and on behalf of Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) has invited tender for the work of “Earthwork information, construction of bridges and track linking work including supply of P-way fittings in connection with construction of Rail Infrastructure facilities for the proposed Magadh Open Cast Project of CCL, Dist. Chatra, Jharkhand (PKG.III A)(Ch-8400 to 9800 & Ch-15720 to 17280)”.
- Tender Reference Number: 10/OT/CCL-Magadh/Bal/PKG-III A/2021
- Estimated Cost of Work: INR 36.34 Crore
- Time for Completion: 12 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 01-Sep-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 22-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission End Date : 22-Sep-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 23-Sep-2021
Brief Scope of Work:
- Construction of Formation for Railway Track.
- Construction of RCC Boxes Bridges, drain & other allied works.
- Track linking works including supply of machine crushed track ballast.
- Supply of P. Way fittings etc.
Earthwork – General:
- For survey,design and execution of earthwork in railway formations, RDSO has issued detailed guidelines as “Guidelines for Earthwork in Railway Projects – Guideline No. GE: G-1” in July 2003.
- These Guidelines including their subsequent amended/revised versions, if any, shall apply to execution of earthwork in railway formations.
- These guidelines or their amended/revised versions have subsequently been referred to in this chapter as ‘RDSO Guidelines’.
- In case of any conflict between provisions of this chapter and those of RDSO Guidelines, the latter shall prevail.
Technical Specifications for P.Way Works:
- All works – linking of Railway tracks, assembly, laying and linking at points and crossings, ballasting, through packing and connected works shall confirm to the various instructions and specifications stipulated in “Indian Railways Permanent Way Manual with upto date correction slips, IRS drawings, track manual and other relevant Railway Codes/Manuals.
- The proposed sidings will be mostly upgraded with 60 Kg/52 Kg/90R rails on PSC/Metal/ Wooden sleepers in single rails as the case may be.
- The Turn-outs/Diamond double slip (1 in 81⁄2) assembly i.e. switch assembly, lead portion and crossing assembly will be laid by 52 Kg/90 R/ 60 Kg rails as the case may be to the Indian Railway Standard on PSC sleepers/STO/Wooden with a ballast cushion as directed by Engineer in-charge or his authorized representative at site.
- The operation of dumping ballast, lifting and packing should continue till such time the track attains final level and shape of ballast section.
- Pack the sleeper with ballast as directed by Engineer in-charge or his authorized representative at site.
- Lift the track to the required level as directed by Engineer in-charge or his authorized representative at site.
- Rails shall be connected by means of a pair of fish plates in the first in stance only with two bolts and nuts, one in each rail. The fishing planes of the fish plates and rail are to be greased. Proper size of expansion liners are to be provided at the joints to ensure correct expansion gaps. Cutting of rails where necessary, will be done to suit squaring of joints.
- On curves sharper than 5o (radius less than 360m) the rail joints will be mid-staggered and check rails to be provided. All the sleepers of the sharper curves (radius less than 360m) to be provided with PSC sleepers having provision with check rail.
- All the drilled bolt holes are to be chamfered by chamfering tools.
- Paint mark shall be made on the rails showing the spacing of sleepers as directed by Engineer-in-Charge at site.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Miniratna (Category-I) Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India, having diversified services and geographical reach.
- Company has an experience spanning 47 years and has undertaken projects in over 55 countries including Asia, Africa, Latin America, South America and Middle East regions.
- RITES Limited is the only export arm of Indian Railways for providing rolling stock overseas (other than Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia).
Other Recent Tenders floated by RITES:
- Tender Reference Number: 11 /OT/SECL – Dipka/PSC Sleepers/PKG-II/2021
- Name of work: Manufacture, Supply, Delivery and Stacking at site of different type of BG PSC sleepers as per RDSO Drawings & Specifications in connection with Detailed Engineering (DE) & Project Management Consultancy (PMC) for the work of “Construction of New Railway Siding at Dipka Area, SECL, Dist. Korba, Chhattisgarh.
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 31-Aug-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 16-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 16-Sep-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 17-Sep-2021
- Tender Reference Number: 2021/RITES/EXPO/MOZ/COACH/0821
- Name of Work: Engagement of freight forwarder for transportation of export project cargo consisting of 34 nos. Passenger Coaches ex. MCF, Raebareli, UP and approx. 200 CBM of spares ex. MCF, Raebareli, UP / RITES’ Warehouse, Delhi via Mumbai Sea Port to Maputo Sea port, Mozambique on CIF basis.
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 27-Aug-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 29-Aug-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 03-Sep-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 03-Sep-2021
- Tender Reference Number: RITES/CO/RI/SnT/ Laxman/ SECL/2021
- Name of Work: Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Indoor & Outdoor gears of Signalling & Telecommunication system including Distributed Electronic Interlocking system and allied works in connection with New Railway siding of proposed load out system near Laxman Project at Gevra area.
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 26-Aug-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 20-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 26-Aug-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 20-Sep-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 21-Sep-2021
Source: RITES-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR