RITES Limited, a leading Transport Infrastructure Consultancy and Engineering company, and the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT-R), have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to explore viable business opportunities in the infrastructure sector.
- Under this agreement, RITES and IIT-R will collaborate for knowledge sharing, research and development and technical services, including consultancy assignments etc.
- The partnership intends to bring in best practices by leveraging each other’s expertise and to push the vision of building sustainable and robust infrastructure in the country and abroad.
About RITES Limited:
- RITES Limited is a Minirama (Category – I) Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and a leading player in the transport consultancy and engineering sector in India, having diversified services and geographical reach.
- The company has experience spanning 47 years and has undertaken projects in over 55 countries across Asia, Africa, South America, and Middle East region.
- RITES Limited is the only export arm of Indian Railways for providing rolling stock overseas (other than Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia).
- Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and engineering, basic & applied research.
- The Institute has played a vital role in providing technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research.
- It offers bachelor’s degree courses in 10 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture; postgraduate’s degree in 55 disciplines of Engineering, Applied Science, Architecture & Planning and has the facility for doctoral work as well.
Source: RITES-Press Release