Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited proposals through e-tendering single stage two cover bidding system from reputed consultancy firms for “Engagement of Consultant for Providing Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Detailed Master Planning, Urban Designing, Engineering & Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Integrated Re-development of New Bhubaneswar Railway Stations Under Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway.” as per following details.
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/CT- 47 of 2021
- Name of Work: Engagement of Consultant for Providing Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Detailed Master Planning, Urban Designing, Engineering & Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Integrated Re-development of New Bhubaneswar Railway Stations Under Khurda Road Division of East Coast Railway.”
- Time for completion of work: 6.5 Months
- Estimated Cost: INR 34.54 Lakh
- Document Download Start Date: 24-Sep-2021
- Document Download End Date: 25-Oct-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 24-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 25-Oct-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 25-Oct-2021
Scope of Services:
The scope of services is divided into two parts:
- The first part of Scope of Services pertains to preparing Technical Feasibility Report, Concept Plans and Master Plan for the development/redevelopment of Project Railway Station including its surroundings on the entire Railway land for preparation of station development plan along with plan for commercial exploitation of land parcels (colony redevelopment plan also to be included if required)and bid management. The scope for this part shall be as follows:
- The Consultant shall undertake this consultancy in order to achieve the objective specified in Clause 2 above. The detailed scope of services specified below is based on Authority’s understanding of the scope of service. However, it should be noted that the scope of work specified below is not exhaustive. The Consultant maybe required to carry out additional works, if any, to meet the objectives stated above.
- While preparing the Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan of the Project, the Consultant shall follow the standards and specifications laid down in the Manual. The basic objective underlying the Master Plan is to develop a schematic plan for efficient handling of passenger operations besides providing facilities for maintenance and operations. It shall Include Optimal plans for real estate development and allied facilities such as parking, intermodal transfer and in-coming/outgoing road trafficat theStation.
- The Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan to be prepared by the Consultant shall contain preliminary designs and sufficient details to judge the constructability and feasibility of various layouts as well as the estimated cost related to such development. The phasing of the Mandatory Works/Commercial Development shall be done on the basis of costs thus worked out and the revenue realization strategy prepared by Authority.
- During actual execution, alternate layouts may be proposed based on vision of real estate developer, but the Consultant has to ensure that master plan is not challengeable on architectural, technical or practical considerations. It will be the Consultant’s responsibility to fully defend the solutions proposed by him should these be questioned by MOR, Authority or the Contractor/Developer at any stage of the planning of Mandatory Works and/or bidding process for award of contract for Mandatory Works and Commercial Development.
- Once the bid documents are released, the Consultant shall prepare replies to the written queries made by the bidders on the technical aspects of the bid documents. The Consultant shall take part in the pre-bid conference for award of tender/concession and furnish such technical clarifications as may be called for.
- The Consultant shall give a modular cost assessment of various infrastructure facilities proposed for station redevelopment.
- The second part of Scope of Services pertains to Financial Viability assessment of the project proposal. The Financial viability Assessment/Valuation shall include assessment of the viability of alternatives.
- The Consultant shall also assist the other consultants like Transaction Advisor, Legal Adviser etc engaged by Authority by furnishing technical schedules and such clarifications as may be required for contractual, legal and financial issues for 1st phase of Mandatory Works and Commercial Development.
The outline scope of services to be performed by the Consultant shall include but not limited to the following:
- Review of previous reports (ifany)/available plans/drawings/data and verify the available drawings details at the site.
- Traffic Study and Development of Integrated Traffic Plans.
- Studies, Surveys and Investigations:
- Engineering Survey.
- Collection of land plans and master plan of station if any.
- Ascertaining Condition, ownership and usage of structures.
- Existing utilities mapping, assess and plan permanent and plan permanent and temporary diversion utilities.
- Land Due Diligence (ascertaining land title in favour of Railways from the concerned Authorities) ascertaining land title in favour of Railway.
- Building Condition Survey.
- Study of identification of sensitive structures.
- Overlapping of survey and development plan on Google maps, revenue maps etc.
- Soil exploration for preliminary design of structures.
- Applicable Development control norms.
- Assessment of additional requirement of utility infrastructure such as power, water, solid waste management, sewage treatment etc as well as their availability for the Project;
- Relocation plan of buildings and structures.
- Development of Concept Plans & Master Plan of the project: The Consultant Shall follow the applicable laws, bylaws and Master Plan of the city with a view toenablingan ‘in principle’ approval of municipal authorities.
- Construction Methodology, sequencing, scheduling and time frame.
- Social Impact Assessment Including Resettlement & Rehabilitation Plan (R&R), if any.
- Environment Impact Assessment and to actively work with Authority and obtain environment clearance of the entire Project, if required.
- Heritage Impact Assessment, ifrequired.
- Preliminary designs and review/update of design criteria/outline specifications for the Mandatory Works and Architectural Controls for the Project including areas identified for commercial and/or other development identified in the Master.
- Plan Project Cost and Cost Estimates; (facility wise).
- Market assessment/Demand assessment of the alternative project proposals.
- Financial Viability assessment of the alternative project proposal.
- The Financial viability assessment/Valuation shall include assessment of the viability of alternatives as discussed with RLDA/Railway Authority. There are levant parameters and guidelines such as IRR, Equity IRR etc maybe provided by RLDA.
- Prepare submissions (if required, its revision also), for the purpose of obtaining in principle statutory approval/clearances for the Master Plan and obtain such clearances.
Bidders have to download the Bid documents from the e-procurement portal i.e. www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA after registering themselves on the portal and after payment of Tender Processing Fee & Bid Document Fee before last date & time of downloading the e-bids online.
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit (represenational): MoR