Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited proposals through e-tendering single stage two cover bidding system from interested eligible bidders as per the conditions of Bid Document for above mentioned work as per following details:
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/CD-9/CRD-03of2022
- Name of Work: Grant of Lease of Railway Land for 99 Years for Development including Redevelopment of existing Railway Colony (96 Units Type-II quarters) at Barrack Colony, New Jalpaiguri.
- Document Download Start Date: 11.02.2022
- Document Download End Date: 28.03.2022
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date: 18.02.2022
- Bid Opening Date: 28.03.2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 28.03.2022
Scope of the Project:
- The Lessee shall, at its own risk, cost and expense, arrange to undertake/ procure: Approval of Redevelopment scheme as required, on subject land by competent Government Authority.
- The conceptualizing, planning, designing, financing and construction of the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities upon the Site as perGood Industry Practice and in accordance with SMC-2041 & other applicable Local Bye-Laws.
- Marketing of the Assets and Facilities on Area shown in Part-B (Lessee/ Developerportion) after execution of the Lease Agreement.
- Generating revenue by inter-alia, sub-leasing / sub-letting / licensing the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities constructed upon the Site; and Operating and maintaining the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities.
- Development of Redevelopment assets as per the schedule and specifications provided in the Part V of this Bid Document.
- Performance and fulfilment of all other obligations in accordance with the provisions of this Bid Document and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Selected bidder/Lessee under the Lease Agreement at its own cost and expense.
- The selected bidder/Lessee, at his own cost, shall engage Project Management Consultant (PMC) for development of the project except for Railway Redevelopment Portion.
- For railway re-development portion of the project, RLDA will engage an independent Project Management Consultant (PMC) and the selected bidder/Lessee shall abide by/ comply all the instructions of this independent Project Management Consultant, unless specifically instructed by RLDA, for successful completion of re-development portion of the project.
- The specifications for the Railway Re-development project given in Part-V of this bid document are the minimum acceptable specifications. However, the selected bidder/Lessee is required to follow the Good Industry Practice in this regard.
- Handing over of Land for Project:As mentioned in para 1.2 above:
- TheLessee/ Develop Will be handed over the land along with existing structures over it, which shall have to be dismantled and Malba (dismantled material) to be cleared from the site and dumped at authorised dumping grounds as per Local Bye-Laws.
- Invarious Stagesthe Railway Quartersand other buildings, as per requirement, as described in Part-V of Bid Documents will be constructed for Railway use. For details refer to Section-V of Bid Documents.
- Assistance by Lessee/Developer in shifting of Household Luggage & Luggage of Community/ Institutional/ Office Buildings: The Lessee/ Developer shall provide the transportation arrangement and manual labour required, to assist the railway residents and railway officials in colony for necessary shifting of household luggage & luggage of community/ institutional/ office buildings to New Blocks/ Temporary Accommodation as per the case.
- In the event of delay upto three months in handing over of Land inanyStage (As described in Part-V of Bid Documents) by RLDA beyond the schedule stipulated above, the Lessee shall be entitled to recover liquidated damages from RLDA, in accordance with the provisions of Clause 14.2.3 of Part II (GCLA) of this RFP. For any excessive delay beyond three months, relief will be provided as per provisions under Clause 18.
- However, if Lessee/ Developer is able to bring all Stake Holders (Railway Quarter Residents, Railway Officials, Railway Unions and other interested parties) on board and can arrange to shift the residents and occupants of Residential and other Institutional / Community Buildings (as applicable and described in Part-V of Bid Documents) of Stage-I, Stage-II and / or Stage-III (as applicable and described in Part-V of Bid Documents) in Rented Accommodation at Lessee/ Developers cost dully compensating for shifting of household/ officials luggage in both directions, and everybody gives consent for same, then Area mentioned in Stage-I, Stage-II / Stage-III can be handed over earlier also on successful vacation of Area of Stage-I,Stage-II & Stage-III. The vacation of such an area has to be in equal proportion in Part-A & Part-B Areas.
- Timeline for Completion of Project: Time for completion of work is described in Part-V of Bid Documents. Completion of the whole project will be as described in Part-V of Bid Documents after the Appointed Date. The above arrangements are as per initial planning done by RLDA & Railways.
- However, the area and work in each stage may vary as per the final approved drawings, but the total time for completion of each stage and the project as a whole will remain the same.
- The Lessee/ Developer shall make a temporary AC office having area of 100m2 with furniture and fixtures for RLDA use at site as approved by RLDA, free of cost, with all plug and play facilities. The Lessee/ Developer shall also be responsible for daily upkeep of this RLDA’s office free of cost till the project completion.
Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Railways for the development of Railway land. It has four key mandates as a part of its development plan, namely leasing of commercial sites, colony redevelopment, station redevelopment and multi-functional complexes.
- RLDA is currently working on 60 stations in a phased manner while its subsidiary, IRSDC has taken up another 63 stations.
- In the first phase, RLDA has prioritised prominent stations like New Delhi, Tirupati, Dehradun, Nellore, Cuttack and Puducherry for redevelopment.
- The railway stations across India will be redeveloped on a PPP Model as a part of Smart City Projects launched by the Government of India.
- Currently, the Indian Railway has approximately 43,000 hectares of vacant land across India, of which RLDA has over 84 commercial (Greenfield) sites across India for leasing to the eligible developers after selection through an open and transparent e-bidding process.
- RLDA is currently also handling 84 railway colony redevelopment projects and has recently leased out a railway colony in Guwahati for redevelopment.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed/downloaded (for view purpose only and not for bidding) on the free view tab of the e-tendering portal i.e. www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA.
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR