Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited proposals through e-tendering single stage two cover bidding system from interested eligible bidders as per the conditions of Bid Document for “Grant of Lease of Railway Land for 99 Years for Development including Re-development of existing Railway Colony (Railway Colony No. 13) Civil Lines, Near Fountain Chowk, Ludhiana (Area to be leased: 21185.54 sqm)” as per following details:
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/CD-46/CRD-5 of 2021
- Name of Project: Grant of Lease of Railway Land for 99 Years for Development including Re-development of existing Railway Colony (Railway Colony No. 13) Civil Lines, Near Fountain Chowk, Ludhiana (Area to be leased: 21185.54 sqm).
- Period of Maintenance: 36 Months
- Reserve Price: INR 108 Crore
- Document Download Start Date: 30-Nov-2021
- Document Download End Date: 14-Jan-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 30-Nov-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 14-Jan-2022
Scope of the Project:
- The Lessee shall, at its own risk, cost and expense, arrange to undertake/ procure: Approval of Re-development scheme as required, on subject land by competent Government Authority.
- The conceptualizing, planning, designing, financing and construction of the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities upon the Site as per Good Industry Practice and in accordance with Punjab Municipal Building Bye Laws-2018 as amended from time to time.
- Marketing of the Assets and Facilities on Area shown in Part-B (Lessee/ Developer portion) after execution of the Lease Agreement; generating revenue by, inter-alia, sub-leasing / sub-letting / licensing the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities constructed upon the Site; and Operating and maintaining the Assets, Facilities and Project Utilities.
- Development of Re-development assets as per the schedule and specifications provided in the Part V of this Bid Document
- Performance and fulfilment of all other obligations in accordance with the provisions of this Bid Document and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Selected bidder/Lessee under the Lease Agreement at its own cost and expense.
- The selected bidder/Lessee, at his own cost, shall engage Project Management Consultant (PMC) for development of the project except for Railway Re-development Portion.
- For railway re-development portion of the project, RLDA will engage an independent Project Management Consultant (PMC) and the selected bidder/Lessee shall abide by/ comply all the instructions of this independent Project Management Consultant, unless specifically instructed by RLDA, for successful completion of re-development portion of the project.
- The specifications for the Railway Re-development project given in Part-V of this bid document are the minimum acceptable specifications. However, the selected bidder/Lessee is required to follow the Good Industry Practice in this regard.
- In each stage Lessee/ Developer will be handed over the land along with existing structures over it, which shall have to be dismantled and Malba (dismantled material) to be cleared from the site and dumped at authorised dumping grounds as per Local Bye-Laws.
- After that construction of Railway Quarters and buildings and other assets as per approved drawings in that stage have to be constructed. After each stage of completion of Railway Quarters/ Buildings, land for next stage will be made available by shifting of Railway Staff to newly constructed quarters and other buildings as the case may be.
- In various Stages the Railway Quarters and other buildings, as per requirement, as described in Part-V of Bid Documents will be constructed for Railway use. For details refer to Section-V of Bid Documents.
- Assistance by Lessee/Developer in shifting of Household Luggage & Luggage of Community/ Institutional/ Office Buildings: The Lessee/ Developer shall provide the transportation arrangement and manual labour required, to assist the railway residents and railway officials in colony for necessary shifting of household luggage & luggage of community/ institutional/ office buildings to New Blocks/ Temporary Accommodation as per the case.
- In the event of delay upto three months in handing over of Land in any Stage (As described in Part-V of Bid Documents) by RLDA beyond the schedule stipulated above, the Lessee shall be entitled to recover liquidated damages from RLDA, in accordance with the provisions of Clause
- However, if Lessee/ Developer is able to bring all Stake Holders (Railway Quarter Residents, Railway Officials, Railway Unions and other interested parties) on board and can arrange to shift the residents and occupants of Residential and other Institutional / Community Buildings (as applicable and described in Part-V of Bid Documents) of Stage-I and Phase-II (as applicable and described in Part-V of Bid Documents) in Rented Accommodation at Lessee/ Developers cost dully compensating for shifting of household/ officials luggage in both directions, and everybody gives consent for same, then Area mentioned in Phase-II can be handed over earlier also on successful vacation of Area of Phase-I (old Railway quarters).
Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Railways for the development of Railway land. It has four key mandates as a part of its development plan, namely leasing of commercial sites, colony redevelopment, station redevelopment and multi-functional complexes.
- RLDA is currently working on 60 stations in a phased manner while its subsidiary, IRSDC has taken up another 63 stations.
- In the first phase, RLDA has prioritised prominent stations like New Delhi, Tirupati, Dehradun, Nellore, Cuttack and Puducherry for redevelopment.
- The railway stations across India will be redeveloped on a PPP Model as a part of Smart City Projects launched by the Government of India.
- Currently, the Indian Railway has approximately 43,000 hectares of vacant land across India, of which RLDA has over 84 commercial (Greenfield) sites across India for leasing to the eligible developers after selection through an open and transparent e-bidding process.
- RLDA is currently also handling 84 railway colony redevelopment projects and has recently leased out a railway colony in Guwahati for redevelopment.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed/downloaded (for view purpose only and not for bidding) on the free view tab of the e-tendering portal i.e. www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA .
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR