Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited Proposal through e-tendering mode for Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Detailed Master Planning, Urban Designing, Engineering & Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) and providing all other documents required for Major up-gradation of Vijayawada Railway Station of Vijayawada Division, South Central Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/CT-19 of 2022
- Name of Work: Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study, Detailed Master Planning, Urban Designing, Engineering & Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) and providing all other documents required for Major up-gradation of Vijayawada Railway Station of Vijayawada Division, South Central Railway.
- Estimated Cost: INR 36 Lakh
- EMD: INR 72 Thousand
- Document Download Start Date: 15th June, 2022
- Document Download End Date: 30th June, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th June, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 30th June, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 30th June, 2022
- Indian Railways is one of the biggest landowners in the country. While majority of the land of around 4.3 lakh hectares is under use for Railway operations including tracks, station and yard structures, around 43,000 hectares lie vacant and unutilized.
- For development of the surplus land for commercial development, RLDA (a statutory authority) was constituted in November 2006 by an amendment to The Railways Act, 1989 as a separate entity under the Ministry of Railways to undertake all tasks related to property development on railway land under the control of the Ministry of Railways.
- The project brief and background is provided in Section I of the RFP document. Applicants are encouraged to inform themselves fully about the site, assignments and the conditions before submitting the Application by visiting the Station Area and RLDA office. Please note that no cost of any such visit is reimbursable by RLDA.
- The Limited tender is being called from the Empanelled Architectural Firms as mentioned in Annexure B for providing Consultancy for Architectural Planning & Engineering Services for Major upgradation of Vijayawada Railway Station of Vijayawada Division, South Central Railway.
Scope of Services:
- The first part of Scope of Services pertains to preparing Technical Feasibility Report, Concept Plans and Master Plan for the development/redevelopment of Project Railway Station including its surroundings on the entire Railway land for preparation of station development plan along with plan for commercial exploitation of land parcels (colony redevelopment plan also to be included if required) and bid management.
- The Consultant shall undertake this consultancy in order to achieve the objective specified in Clause 2 above. The detailed scope of services specified below is based on Authority‟s understanding of the scope of service. However, it should be noted that the scope of work specified below is not exhaustive. The Consultant may be required to carry out additional works, if any, to meet the objectives stated above.
- While preparing the Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan of the Project, the Consultant shall follow the standards and specifications laid down in the Manual. The basic objective underlying the Master Plan is to develop a schematic plan for efficient handling of passenger operations besides providing facilities for maintenance and operations. It shall also include optimal plans for real estate development and allied facilities such as parking, inter-modal transfer and in-coming/outgoing road traffic at the Station.
- The Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan to be prepared by the Consultant shall contain preliminary designs and sufficient details to judge the constructability and feasibility of various layouts as well as the estimated cost related to such development. The phasing of the Mandatory Works / Commercial Development shall be done on the basis of costs thus worked out and the revenue realization strategy prepared by Authority.
- During actual execution, alternate layouts may be proposed based on the vision of the real estate developer, but the Consultant has to ensure that the master plan is not challenging on architectural, technical or practical considerations. It will be the Consultant‟s responsibility to fully defend the solutions proposed by him should these be questioned by MOR, Authority or the Contractor/Developer at any stage of the planning of Mandatory Works and/or bidding process for award of contract for Mandatory Works and Commercial Development.
- Once the bid documents are released, the Consultant shall prepare replies to the written queries madeby the bidders on the technical aspects of the bid documents. The Consultant shall take part in the pre-bid conference for award of tender/concession and furnish such technical clarifications as may be called for.
- The Consultant shall give a modular cost assessment of various infrastructure facilities proposed for station redevelopment.
- Review of previous reports(if any)/ available plans / drawings /data and verify the available drawings details at the site; Traffic study and development of integrated traffic plans; Studies, Surveys and Investigations;
- Engineering Survey;
- Collection of land plans and master plan of station if any
- Ascertaining condition, ownership and usage of structures;
- Exiting utilities mapping, assess and plan permanent and temporary diversion utilities;
- Land due diligence (ascertaining land title in favour of Railways from the concerned Authorities) ascertaining land title in favour of Railway.
- Building condition survey;
- Study of identification of sensitive structures;
- Overlapping of survey and development plan on Google maps, revenue maps etc.
- Soil exploration for preliminary design of structures.
The complete document can be downloaded from www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA
Source: RLDA -Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR