Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited proposals through e-tendering single stage two cover bidding system from RLDA empaneled consultancy firms for Balance work for Consultancy services for detailed Master Planning, Detailed Project Report, Urban Planning and Bid Management Etc in c/w redevelopment of Surat Multi Model Transport Hub ( MMTH ) and Providing all other documents required for Major Upgradation of Surat MMTH.
- Tender Reference: RLDA/RFP/CT-08 of 2022
- Name of the work: Balance work for Consultancy services for detailed Master Planning, Detailed Project Report, Urban Planning and Bid Management Etc in c/w redevelopment of Surat MMTH and Providing all other documents required for Major Upgradation of Surat MMTH.
- EMD: INR 212000/-
- Completion of work: 12 Months
- Document Download Start Date: 11-Mar-2022
- Document Download End Date: 21-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 11-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 21-Mar-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 21-Mar-2022
Brief Scope of consultancy:
- The Consultant shall undertake this consultancy in order to achieve the Objective specified in Clause 2. The detailed scope of services specified below is based on RLDA’s understanding of the scope of service. However, it should be noted that the cope of work specified below is not exhaustive. The Consultant shall be required to carry out additional works, if any, to meet the objectives stated above without any extra cost.
- While preparing the Master Plan and Technical Feasibility Report for the Station, the Consultant shall generally follow the standards and specifications laid down in the Manual and any Railway Board policies in this respect. The basic objective underlying the Master Plan is to develop a schematic plan for handling passenger operations and parcel handling operation besides provision of facilities for maintenance and operations. It shall also include optimal plans for real-estate development and allied facilities such as parking, inter-modal transfer and in-coming/outgoing road traffic at the Project Station.
- The Technical Feasibility Report and Master Plan to be prepared by the Consultant will not require any detailed design of the Project components but will necessarily contain the preliminary designs and sufficient details to judge the constructability and feasibility of various layouts as well as the estimated cost related to such development. The Concessionaire may propose alternate lay-outs on the ground of relative economics of such solutions, but the plan prepared by the consultant shall not be challengeable on architectural, technical or practical considerations. It will be the Consultant’s responsibility to fully defend the solutions proposed by him should these be questioned by MOR, RLDA or the Contractor/Developer at any stage of the bidding process for award of development contract.
- While the Consultant shall not be responsible for detailed design, he shall be fully responsible for conceptualizing the vision of developing the Station to achieve the Objectives specified at Clause 2 for RLDA to provide superior services to railway passengers. The Consultant shall prepare a Concept Plan for the railway station for this task.
- The Consultant shall also assist the Financial Consultant and the Legal Adviser to be appointed by RLDA by furnishing such clarifications as may be required for legal and financial appraisal. Once the bid documents are released, the Consultant shall prepare replies to the written queries made by the bidders on the technical aspects of the bid documents. The Consultant shall take part in the pre-bid conference for the award of concession and furnish such technical clarifications as may be called for.
- Consultant shall also assist in preparing, and be present, in Road Shows, Presentations, meetings etc arranged with interested/prospective bidders.
- The Consultant shall prepare a Technical Feasibility Report, a Concept Plan and Master Plan for development/ redevelopment of the Station on both sides and the portion of Railway land at Project Railway Station required to be included in planning for station redevelopment. In the initial stages, while carrying out topographical surveys and other initial surveys, the entire railway land from home signal to home signal shall be included.
- The planning shall be done excluding the land required for railway’s own facilities like yard, operational facilities, colonies etc. During the initial discussions with Railway, these areas to be excluded shall be identified. Once identified, the detailing of these areas may be omitted from further surveys/planning. The detailed scope of services to be performed by the Consultant shall is included in the document.
The complete bid document can be checked on RLDA website.
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR