Rail Land Development Authority has invited tender for major upgradation of Lucknow Railway Station of Northern and North Eastern Railway on Engineering Procurement and Construction mode.
- Tender No.: RLDA/RFP/CD-30 / SRD-02 of 2022
- Name of the Project: Major Upgradation of Lucknow Railway Station of Northern and North Eastern Railway on Engineering Procurement and Construction mode
- Document Download Start Date: 09-May-2022
- Document Download End Date: 21-June-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09-May-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 21-June-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 27-June-2022
- The President of India acting through and represented by the Ministry of Railways (MoR) is engaged in development and modernisation of Railway Stations across India through Public-Private Partnership (PPP). As a part of this endeavour, Authority has decided to undertake redevelopment and operation/maintenance of Lucknow Railway Station, Lucknow (the Project) on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (the DBFOT) basis, and has, therefore, decided to carry out the bidding process for selection of the bidder to whom the Project may be awarded.
- Rail Land Development Authority (“RLDA” or the “Authority”) is a statutory authority, under the Ministry of Railways (MOR), set-up by an Amendment to the Railways Act, 1989, for development of vacant railway land for commercial use for the purpose of generating revenue by non-tariff measures. RLDA has since been constituted in terms of Extraordinary Gazette Notification dated 31.10.2006, as amended on 5.1.2007. The Rules for functioning of RLDA have also been notified in the Extraordinary Gazette dated 4.1.2007. RLDA will be carrying out the bidding process for the Project on behalf of the Northern and North Eastern Railways (NR & NER), including provision of development plans – master plan, architectural drawings etc., consult with urban local bodies/other statutory authorities while approving the plans, so that the development is harmonious with surrounding development.
- Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Railways for the development of Railway land.
- It has four key mandates as a part of its development plan, namely leasing of commercial sites, colony redevelopment, station redevelopment and multi-functional complexes.
Source: RLDA-Tender | Image Credit (representational): IRSDC