Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has invited Proposal through e-tendering mode for the Redevelopment project of New Delhi Railway Station and construction of associated infrastructure on Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) mode.
- Tender Reference Number: RLDA/RFP/CD-68/SRD-14 of 2022
- Name of Work: Re-development project of New Delhi Railway Station and construction of associated infrastructure on Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) mode.
- Construction Period: 42 Months
- EMD: INR 15 Crore
- Document Download Start Date: 08th October, 2022
- Document Download End Date: 24th January, 2023
- 1st Pre-Bid Meeting: 07th November, 2022
- 2nd Pre-Bid Meeting: 07th December, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 08th October, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 24th January, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 27th January, 2023
Scope of the Project:
- New Delhi Railway Station is a mega station of Indian Railways situated in the heart of National Capital City of Delhi. Presently 4 lakh passengers (approx.) are handled at this station through the operation of approximately 400 number of trains daily, comprising both originating/terminating trains as well as pass through trains. The daily passenger traffic is expected to increase to 5 lakhs (approx.) by the year 2046.
- The Authority has been tasked with the redevelopment Project of New Delhi Railway Station, which is envisaged to be taken up in two distinct phases and intended to develop the entire area of 120 ha (approx.) as an integrated Multi Modal Transit Hub with dedicated access roads, hospitality, recreation and retail facilities, mandatory housing for Railway’s operational staff, and office space and thus afford a world class experience to various users of this area. The Master Plan for the redevelopment of this entire area has already been approved by various stakeholders.
- The scope of the Project under this Agreement comprises various components of Phase-I redevelopment plan and broadly comprising the following major elements:
- Redevelopment of new station building spanning across operational railway tracks and platforms;
- Dedicated Access Roads (both elevated and at grade) to access station complex from various important roads in the surrounding area;
- Two Multi Modal Transit Hub buildings;
- Residential Towers;
- Development of circulating area and landscaping, etc. around the station premises
- Parcel Handling Facility along with a thorough subway running across all platforms along with ramps to each platform;
- Ballast less track/ washable apron on tracks within platform area
- Performance and fulfilment of all other obligations of the Contractor in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement.
- It is to be noted by the Contractor that the entire Project execution work shall be carried out as a “Brownfield Project”, since New-Delhi station shall continue to remain operational in a restricted manner throughout the Project duration.
- The Scope of the Project shall include performance and fulfilment of all other obligations of the Contractor in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement and matters incidental thereto or necessary for the performance of any or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement.
- As the Project is to be executed on EPC Mode, the Contractor shall be responsible for all surveys, investigations, detailed engineering designs and delivery of the entire Project with his own manpower, materials, plant and machinery and all other resources as considered necessary for successful delivery of the Project within the scheduled timelines.
- The re-development of New Delhi Railway Station project shall be undertaken through this EPC contract to construct an iconic Railway Station with state-of-art facilities and infrastructure in accordance with Good Industry Practices and Applicable Laws including sustainable environment, waste management and cleanliness. The main components of the project include:
- Twin Dome Main station building & Linear Station Buildings alongside platform no 1 & 16
- Multi modal transit hub on both side of the station,
- Railway Housing Type II and III along with Podium
- Elevated and onground Road network
- Utilities and Services
- Other works as detailed in this Schedule
- Schedule C shall be referred duly supplemented by Schedule D for Authority requirements, outline design & control parameters, specifications and Schedule of finishes.
- Design and construction of various works and services as detailed in this Schedule- B is in the Scope of the present contract.
- The Station Building shall be constructed on 1,14,775 sqm of land as earmarked in the Master Plan and shall have a floor area of 2,20,717 sqm approximately. The Station will be a Twin dome structure. The dome shaped roof will have the maximum height of the dome rising up to about 80m and 60m for the two crest points respectively from the Railway Track Level (also referred as +0.00 m level).
- The station building comprises 6 (G+5) levels. First three levels, i.e. +0.00 m level, +10.00 m level (Concourse), + 19.00 m level are to facilitate the Railway development for stations such as platform level, arrival and departure concourse including waiting area and amenities for the public. + 19.00 m level has connection through two skywalks, one each with two Multi-Modal Transit Hub Buildings on each side of the Station Building and the retail area with unpaid concourse to facilitate the non-passenger users.
- Next three levels, i.e. + 28.00m level, + 37.00m level and + 46.00 m level are being developed as part of air space development. This air space development is to facilitate passengers and attract non-passengers to access commercial areas within the premises of the station.
- Apart from construction of the twin dome Main station Building, two linear station buildings shall be constructed alongside the Platform no 01 & 16 by demolishing the existing station buildings. Each building will have two floors within an overall height of 6.5 from platform level.
- Apart from Departure and Arrival lobbies at Ground level these buildings will house retail shops, Railway operational areas, waiting rooms and passenger lounges, cloak rooms, service areas and miscellaneous areas as decided by the Authority.
Multi Modal Transit Hub:
- As part of redevelopment of New Delhi railway station, the station will be well connected with the other means of transit to facilitate the arriving and departure passenger to access and exit the station seamlessly. Multi-mode transit hub is planned at either side of the station.
- Multi Modal Transit Hub -1 (Towards Ajmeri Gate) MMTH at Ajmeri gate integrates public transport in the form of buses, metro, private taxis, autos, e-rickshaws etc. MMTH-1 consists of two towers (G+7 and G+10 floors respectively) constructed on a combined podium.
- Ground floor plan includes bus terminal and metro exits and floors above ground level, up to second floor includes car-parking area and there is provision of auto and taxis resting and holding areas. Top 5 floors in one tower are Railway offices and top 8 floors of another tower are for commercial development.
- Multi Modal Transit Hub MMTH -2 (Towards Paharganj) MMTH towards Paharganj side of station shall be of Basement + G+7 floors, ground floor plan includes bus halt and floors above ground level up to fourth floor provides for car parking area, auto and taxis resting & holding areas. Top three floors provide for Railway offices.
- To be eligible for Qualification, the Bidder shall fulfil the following conditions of eligibility:
- For demonstrating Technical Capacity and experience (the “Technical Capacity”), the Bidder shall have:
- Satisfactorily completed the works as mentioned below during the last seven years up to 31.12.2022.
- Three Similar Works each costing not less than Rs 600 crores, or
- wo Similar Works each costing not less than Rs 800 crores, or
- One Similar Work costing not less than Rs 1,200 crore
- Construction of Passenger handling terminals i.e. railway stations, metro stations, stations of RRTS / HSR / monorail, airport terminals, bus terminals having RCC framed structure or steel structure along with MEPF works executed under one agreement. Or
- Construction of commercial real estate project (such as educational institution, hospital, hotel, convention centre, mall/shopping complex, sports complex, office complex) at a single site with a minimum built up area of 50,000 sqm, having RCC framed structure or steel structure along with MEPF works executed under one agreement.
- Any Bridge construction work costing more than Rs 500 Cr. The value of the completed works shall be brought to current level by enhancing the same at a simple rate of 7% per annum, calculated from the date of completion to 31.12.2022.
- Minimum one ongoing infrastructure work (not necessarily Similar Work) of contract value not less than Rs 2000 crores secured during the last five years up to 31.12.2022.
- The value of the awarded work shall be brought to current costing level by enhancing the same at a simple rate of 7% per annum, calculated from the date of award to 31.12.2022.
- Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Railways for the development of Railway land.
- It has four key mandates as a part of its development plan, namely leasing of commercial sites, colony redevelopment, station redevelopment and multi-functional complexes.
The complete document can be downloaded from www.tenderwizard.in/RLDA
Source: RLDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR