In continuation to the tender for Automatic Fare Collection System for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has now invited bids from eligible bidders for the Operation and Maintenance of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS).
- Pre-Bid Conference: 20.07.2021 at 1500 hrs (IST)
- Bid Submission Start Date: 10.08.2021 from 1500 hrs (IST)
- Bid Due Date/Bid Submission End Date: 20.08.2021 upto 1500 hrs (IST)
- Opening of Technical Bids: 21.08.2021 at 1500 hrs (IST)
- The NCRTC is engaged in the implementation of the regional rapid transit system (the “Transit System”) in the National Capital Region.
- The Metro Rail Policy 2017 issued by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Government of India, emphasized the need for private sector participation for regional rail and metro rail projects.
- The aforesaid policy manifests the need to capitalize on private sector resources/expertise to bringin private sector efficiencies and entrepreneurial spirit .
- In light of the aforesaid policy, the Employer in its endeavour to provide world class infrastructure and services to its stakeholders has decided to seek a private sector strategic partner for operations and maintenance(the“O&M”) to ensure highest standards of service in the Transit System.
- As a part of implementation of the Transit System, the Employer has decided to undertake O&M of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (the “Project”) through a contract (the “Operation and Maintenance Agreement” or “O&M Agreement”), and has, therefore, decided to carry out the bidding process for selection of a bidder to whom the Project may be awarded.
Brief particulars of the Transit System on which O&M is desired to be undertaken, are as follows:
- Name of the Transit System: Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut
- Length in KM: 82.15
Scope of work:
The scope of work will broadly include operation and maintenance of the Transit System and includes all matters connected with or incidental to such operation and maintenance, provision of services and facilities, and collection of fare in accordance with the provisions of O&M Agreement.
The Scope of work for the Operator includes the following:-
- Preparation of Plans, Modules, Standard Operating Procedures, Manuals for Operation and Maintenance of Transit System.
- Setting up of organization including recruitment and training for O&M of Transit System
- Witnessing of Testing and Commissioning of Transit System in accordance with the provisions of draft O&M Agreement
- Taking over of Transit System for Operation and Maintenance.
- O&M of Transit System in accordance with the provisions of draft O&M Agreement
- Maintaining and updating Asset Management System in accordance with the provisionsof draft O&M Agreement
- Procure and maintain inventory for Spares in accordance with the provisions of draft O&M Agreement
- Develop, operate and maintain Non-Transit Assets
- Maximize Transit and Non-Transit Revenues
Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
The Project was sanctioned by the Government of India in March 2019. On 8th March 2019, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India laid the Foundation Stone of India’s first regional rail.
The details of current status of this corridor is provided below:-
- The construction of Delhi–Ghaziabad–Meerut corridor is progressing on schedule.
- Contracts for all the major packages have been awarded and the prototype RRTS trainset is expected to be delivered by Dec’2021.
- Project work for priority section of Duhai to Sahibabad of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is progressing on schedule with following developments:
- Construction of civil infrastructure including piles, pile caps, piers, viaduct and station work is on full swing.
- Construction of RSS at Muradnagar has started for feeding the priority section including Duhai Depotc.
- Land for Duhai Depot has already been acquired and depot infrastructure construction has started.
- Contract has been awarded for most of the system packages like Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, Track, Traction and OHE etc.
- Possession of Land allotted by Government of India for stabling yard in Delhi.
Source: NCRTC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC