- During the visit, Team NCRTC shared detailed information about India’s first Regional Rail project, amenities for the commuters at the stations & features of the trains, and the various initiatives undertaken for the sustainability of this large-scale complex transit infrastructure project.
- The young delegates belonging to diverse fields appreciated RAPIDX – the new-age mobility solution, the team’s focus on commuter-centricity and universal accessibility, and the several technological solutions being adopted for the first time for this project.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC- Press Release | Images Credit: NCRTC