The first trainset of India’s first RRTS has reached Duhai Depot on 13th June, 2022. This trainset was loaded on a trailer from the manufacturing plant located in Savli, Gujarat and brought to Duhai via road.
- In its journey to reach Duhai Depot, the train has travelled through three states, Rajasthan, Haryana and finally Uttar Pradesh.
- All the 6 coaches of the trainset were loaded on six separate trailers.
- On reaching the Duhai depot, they were unloaded with the help of a crane and in the coming days, the trainset will be assembled in the depot itself.
- Tracks have already been completed for its arrival at the Duhai depot and preparations are going on for the testing. For the operation of RRTS trains, an administrative building has been built in the Duhai depot itself.
About Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor:
- The Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor is approximately 82 km long corridor with 25 stations, which will cover the distance from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in about 60 minutes (Currently, it takes around 3 hours to commute from Delhi to Meerut).
- The total project completion cost of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is about INR 30274 Crore.
- RRTS is a rail based high-speed transit system with a design speed of 180 kmph and an average speed of 100 kmph.
- Once operational, it will be the fastest, most comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in NCR.
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: NCRTC-Press Release