Share with your network
RZD International, a special purpose engineering company of Russian Railways Holding (RZD), has expressed its interest in participating in the proposed semi-high speed railway project between Ahmedabad and Rajkot in Gujarat. The company had in the past made DPRs for 580-km high speed rail between Nagpur and Secunderabad in India.
- A state government release said, in their meeting with the Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, Consul General of the Russian Federation in Mumbai, Aleksei V Surovtsev and RZD International’s Vladimir Finov expressed their readiness to participate in the project.
- The release quoted Russian officials as saying,”RZD International expressed its interest in participating in the project as it presents the tremendous potential for economic and all-round development of the two areas.”
- The detailed report on the semi high-speed rail project between Rajkot and Ahmedabad, a distance of around 230 kms, is being prepared by the Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (G-RIDE).
- The release said,”The Russia Railway company would like to go ahead with the project’s detailed engineering design, project execution and complete finance after consultation with Gujarat and Indian governments.”
- Russian representatives assured the government that the company will complete the project within 6 years of design preparation.
- This high-speed rail project would be vital in reducing heavy traffic load on Rajkot-Ahmedabad road and cutting down the travel time, the CM said.
- RZD International had entered into an MoU with the Ministry of Railways for modernisation of railways and the singaling system.
- In Gujarat too, it is eager to work with G-Ride Company for this semi high-speed rail project, it said.
- The release stated, Vladimir Finov also expressed the desire of RZD International to contribute to new projects in increasing rail connectivity for freight corridors from ports as well as to increase existing speed of passenger rail and freight trains.
Be the first to comment