Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) recently completed the double railway line between Bhonra-Bijora in West Central Railway. It was commissioned on 9th April, 2021. This is a part of the Bina-Kota doubling project which will improve connectivity towards the cities Kota, Baran, Guna, Ashoknagar & Bina etc.
- The Bina-Kota doubling project is a very essential Railway project as Kota-Bina double railway line feeds coal to Power Plants of Rajasthan & Madhya Pradesh, states.
- The project was sanctioned for a distance of 282.66 kms in 2011-12 at an estimated cost of Rs 1417.74 crores.
- The completion of the 25.70 km stretch of the new doubled rail line between Bhonra-Bijora is a major milestone in accomplishing the doubling project between Bina-Kota with this continuous from Kota to Bijora (53.905 km) has been done.
- With this 145 km route length is commissioned out of a total scope of 282 kms.
Salient features of Bhonra-Bijora Doubling project:
- Bhonra, Antah & Bijora yards have been remodelled to incorporate additional runninglines.
- Modern station buildings have been provided with improved Passenger Amenities like well-planned circulating area, booking concourse, convenient platforms and drinking water facilities among others.
- The track is designed to handle 25 Tonne axle load with speed potential of 110 kms per hour.
- 1 Important Bridge with open web girder, 4 Major Bridges with RCC Boxes and 16 MinorBridges with RCC Boxes have been constructed.
- Energy Conservation measures have been given prime importance by installation of 100% LED lighting, using of 5-star rated electrical equipments etc.
- Station Masters’ rooms have been given a complete makeover by incorporating modern aesthetic design, duly taking care of every minute detail of train operations to ensure highest safety standards.
- State of the art Signalling & Telecommunication features have been provided in the entire, which include:-
- Electronic Interlocking with Centralised Architecture have been installed in two stations viz., Antah & Bijora to ensure safety at the highest level.
- Signal Maintainer’s Rooms have been designed to ensure easy access of technical information in case of any failure, to minimize shut down time and improve work ambience.
- RVNL was incorporated as PSU on 24.01.2003.
- The company began its operation in 2005 with the appointment of Board of Directors. The company was granted Miniratna status in September 2013.
- The turnover of the company for the financial year 2019-20 has increased by 44.44%. The authorized share capital of the company is Rs. 3000 cr. with paid up share capital of Rs. 2085 cr.
RVNL has been assigned the following functions:
- Arranging financial resources for the Projects. For this purpose, the RVNL is authorized to approach the Financial Institutions, Banks, Domestic Market and the Bilateral and Multilateral Funding Agencies
- Undertaking project development and execution of works
- Creating Project specific SPVs for individual works, if required
- Commercialization of projects wherever considered necessary and feasible
- On completion of a Railway project by RVNL, the concerned Zonal Railway will undertake its operation and maintenance under a specific financial arrangement
- For providing a revenue stream to RVNL, the projects may be done by RVNL on BOT concept, where Ministry of Railways is to pay Access Charge/User Charge
Source: RVNL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR