In continuation to the tender for provision of Electronic Interlocking system at Tangiriapal station & IBS in Sagadapata-Tangiriapal section, the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has now invited bids under single stage two packet system for the work of “S&T Works in Connection With Railway Electrification Between Tinaighat – Vasco Da Gama Stations of Hubballi Division of South Western Railway in Karnataka and Goa States, India”.
- Bid Notice No.: RVNL/SBC/S&T/RE/CLR-QLM/2021/OT 01
- Approx. Estimated Cost of Project: INR 8.66 Crores
- Bid Security: INR 2 Crores
- Period of Completion: 18 Months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 03/03/2021
Scope of Work:
S&T Works in Connection With Railway Electrification Between Tinaighat – Vasco Da Gama Stations of Hubballi Division of South Western Railway in Karnataka and Goa states, India.
Signaling & Telecommunication works:
- RE modification works at three stations i.e. CRZ, DDS & LIM
- Provision of Solid state block proving by Digital axle counters i.e. SSBPAC (D) single line block instrument across the 4 block sections in Castlerock-Kulem section
- Provision of 3 sets HASSDAC for track detection (1 each at CRZ, DDS & LIM stations)
- Designing and documentation including completion documents of signaling drawings for indoor and outdoor works.
- Indoor work of erection of CT rack, wiring of relays, testing and alterations in circuits, wiring to data logger, painting and lettering of indoor gears and termination particulars etc.
- Outdoor work of trenching and laying of cables, foundation for signals and location boxes, wiring of location boxes, signal units, points machines, track circuits, earthing, RE protection, painting and lettering of outdoor gears and painting of location particulars, releasing of outdoor gears etc.
- Provision of Telecom facilities including Outdoor work of trenching and laying of Telecom cables (Six Quad /OFC), Jointing, Erection of Emergency Control Phone (ECP), communication facilities for SP/SSP/TSS/SCADA etc.
- Signaling circuit modifications to suit 25 KV RE at interlocked LC gates in the section Provision of insulators for wire rope and rodding at LC gates and other miscellaneous works like earthing etc. at manned (non-interlocked) LC gates.
- Testing of all indoor equipments for functional/operational requirements and all outdoor equipments of signals, points, track circuits, LC gates etc and carrying out necessary adjustments and modifications in consultation with Engineer. Preparation of all documents related with testing and test reports.
- Any other minor S&T works additionally required in connection with electrification such as provision of signal screening, additional earthing, insulations for rod-operated points etc. at stations/LC gates in TGT-VSG section.
Inspection of S & T Work:
- S &T work is required to be carried out in accordance with the IRS specification for RRI/PI (S/36/87) and conforming to RDSO Specifications No. RDSO/SPN/192/2005 for EI with latest amendments issued. The installation practices of all signaling gears should be as per the Signal Engg Manual Part I &II issued in September 2001 and to suit latest relevant correction slips. The work is required to be carried out in accordance with the RE manual for stations falling under 25 KV electrified traction. The execution is required to be carried as per standard specifications of RVNL. However, specifications, drawings and other details mentioned in BOQ or in special conditions, wherever applicable will prevail over the standard specifications.
- The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per RDSO Specifications/ Drawings will have to be procured from approved Vendors appearing in Vendor Directories of RDSO and to be supplied duly inspected by RDSO. Where there are not more than three Indian suppliers categorized as Approved Vendor for a particular item, developmental vendors can be considered for placement of bulk order without any quantity restrictions. (Ref RB letter no 2001/RS(G)/779/7Pt 2 dated 06.11.2018).
- In case where there are more than three Indian suppliers categorized as Approved Vendor for a particular item, total quantity to be ordered on developmental sources shall be limited upto 20% of NPQ as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2001/RS(G)/779/7 Pt 2 dated 25.06.2018.
- For procurement through RDSO Vendors for Developmental order, prior approval of RVNL’s Engineer shall be obtained duly following conditions laid down in the aforementioned letters.
- The Signal & Telecom material to be supplied by the contractor as per TEC/DOT/BSNL specification will have to be procured form DOT/TEC approved firms. The inspection of such items will however be carried out by RDSO provided the value is more than value stipulated in inspection policy of RDSO.
- In case the contractor is supplying imported equipments from approved manufacturer, then in addition to manufacture’s test certificate, such equipments shall be inspected by RDSO.
- Signal & Telecom items not inspected by RDSO/ RITES for any reason will be inspected by the Engineer / Authorised Representatives of RVNL. In case of any difficulty in inspection, RVNL may decide the authority of inspection, either by any other Govt. agency or by consignee. Whenever materials are inspected by Authorised Representatives of the RVNL/Engineer, the contractor will be required to furnish his or manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate.
- The RVNL shall have full power to reject any material that it may consider to be defective or inferior in quality, workmanship, or otherwise not in accordance with the Specification and the RVNL’s decision shall be final, even though they might have been inspected by RDSO/RITES. The contractor shall remove forthwith any such material rejected and replace them promptly at his own cost. Inspected and accepted material, if damaged during transit shall be replaced by the contractor free of cost prior to installation.
- Inspection Charges of RDSO and RITES will be borne by the Contractor. In case of Change of Inspection from RDSO/RITES to RVNL/Consignee,1% of cost of material to be deducted by RVNL ,as Inspection Charges.
- Items included in the list of items to be inspected by RDSO & RITES and are not inspected by RDSO/RITES for any reason whatsoever and will be inspected by the Authorized Representatives of RVNL. The following conditions will apply:
- Material conforming to RDSO specn/drg is procured from RDSO approved source.
- Contractor shall submit Manufacturer’s Guarantee Certificate for the material.
- All such cases where change in agency of inspection other than mentioned in the schedule is required will be processed for specific approval of competent authority.
- Bidding Documents can be downloaded free of cost from RVNL website www.rvnl.org and RVNL e- Tendering portal i.e https://rvnl.euniwizarde.com/.
Source: RVNL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR