Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has invited bids under Single Stage Two Envelope Bidding procedure In Two Packages for Detailed design consultancy for Tunnel and Viaduct including Geotechnical investigation in connection with construction of electrified new BG railway line between Mangliya Gaon (Indore) to Budni stations (198 KMs) of West Central Railway and Western Railway in Madhya Pradesh state, India.
- Tender Reference Number: RVNL/BPL/INDB-BNI/DDC/TUNNEL&VIADUCT
- Name of Work: Detailed design consultancy for Tunnel and Viaduct including Geotechnical investigation in connection with construction of electrified new BG railway line between Mangliya Gaon (Indore) to Budni stations (198 KMs) of West Central Railway and Western Railway in Madhya Pradesh state, India.
- Approx. Cost of Work: INR 30,24,00,000 Crore
- EMD: INR 50 Lakh
- Period Of Work: 1440 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 08th September, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 02nd November, 2022
- Pre-Bid Conference Date: 26th September, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09th September, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 02nd November, 2022
- Tender Opening Date: 02nd November, 2022
Period of Completion:
|Sr. No||Activity||Estimated Period||Remarks|
|1||Geotechnical Investigation and Detailed Design of Tunnels & Viaducts||6 Months||3 Months for Geotechnical investigation, Preliminary Design, Preparation of Bid Document. Remaining 3 months for Finalization of Design & same overlapping period for finalization of Bids.|
|2||Design Support during construction of Tunnel||42 Months|
|3||Defect Liability Period after completion of construction works||6 Months|
Brief of the Project:
- Mangliya Gaon (Indore) (Project Chainage 0.000) – Gadarwara (Jabalpur) via Budni proposed new electrified line (342 Kms) is sanctioned Pink Book Item no 03 of 2016-17. In the first phase the project is sanctioned between Indore- Budni The new electrified Broad Gauge (BG) Railway line between Mangliyagaon (Indore) and Budni is a very important development project undertaken by the Ministry of Railway.
- The proposed line shall pass through important towns such as Panod, Semaliya Chau, Chapda, Kannod, Khategaon, Nasrullaganj and Salkanpur. This belt is rich in agricultural produce and a lot of traffic is expected to generate which will grow over the years. The local people have been demanding a railway line to connect Jabalpur to Indore via an alternative route connecting Khategaon.
- The proposed line will reduce the travel distance between Indore-Jabalpur by 74.22 Kms and will provide better transportation facilities to the area apart from generation of employment. The Railway Ministry has sanctioned this project in the first phase between Indore-Budni.
Standard of Construction:
- Gauge: The proposed line will be constructed to Broad Gauge (1676 mm) Electrified and will be designated as “E” category route as per DPR.
- Ruling Gradient: Ruling gradient of 1:200 (c) has been adopted on the project alignment. This is as per DPR.
- Curves: Maximum degree of curvature on the project alignment is 1 degree. In The DPR, maximum curvature was 2.25 degree. This is done as per Rly Bd’s instructions. No reverse curves are planned on the alignment.
- Rails, Sleepers & Fasteners: Rails of 60kg/m 90UTS LWR with new rails on PRC monoblock sleeper density with 1660 per km with new elastic fastenings have been proposed for the main line and 60 kg/m 90UTS LWR rails with PRC sleeper with sleeper density 1540 per km have been proposed for loop lines and sidings.
- Points and Crossings: All points and crossing in running lines to be negotiated by passenger trains, are proposed to be laid with 60 KG 1 in 12 over-riding type TWS with concrete turnout sleepers.
- Ballast: Provision of 350 mm ballast cushion made up of 65 mm gauge stone ballast is proposed for main line & 250mm ballast cushion has been proposed for loop lines. Provision of blanketing (sub ballast) has been proposed in accordance with RDSO Specifications (Ref: RS/G/108/Heavy Axle Load dated 19.10.2015).
- Fixed Structure Clearance: Fixed structure clearances will be adopted as per Indian Railways Schedule of Dimensions for 1676 mm gauge (BG) – 2004 with up to date corrections.
- Road Crossing: All road crossings have been planned with ROBs & RUBs on the proposed alignment. This is as per DPR.
- Stations: A total of 18 intermediate stations are planned on the alignment out of which 12 shall be crossing stations. In the DPR, 9 crossing stations were planned. In consultation with WCR, crossing stations have been added on the approaches of the long tunnel and viaduct from an operational point of view.
- Residential Accommodation: In the Detailed Estimate, 288 type – II, 144 TypeIII, 18 Type-IV and 2 Type-V quarters have been provisioned. This is per DPR.
- Station Machinery: In the DPR, Foot Over Bridges were planned at crossing stations which have been replaced with Sub-ways as per Rly Bd’s instructions. Apart from this, necessary provision has been made in the estimate for providing fouling marks, sand humps, traps, dead ends, drainage arrangements etc.
- Tunnels: Two tunnels are proposed to be constructed on the alignment. Details are as follows:
|Tunnel||Chainage From||Chainage To||Length (KM)|
- All tunnels will have provision of ballastless track for higher safety and minimum maintenance.
- The detailed design of the tunnels is planned by appointing a consultant who shall also provide construction supervision and design changes during construction through this bid.
- Viaducts: Two viaducts are proposed on the alignment:
|Viaduct||Chainage From||Chainage To||Length (M)|
- Selection of type and length of span for viaducts is planned by appointing a consultant who shall also provide construction supervision and design changes during construction. Separate tender for this shall be invited.
- There are 119 nos. of bridges on the project alignment of which 66 Nos. are Major Bridges.
- All bridges have been proposed for 25T loading 2008 Standards. All bridges are planned with ballasted deck with maximum span size of 30.48m which is a composite girder. RDSO standard drawings have been adopted for superstructure of major bridges. Minor bridges have been planned as RCC Boxes / PSC Slabs / Hume Pipes conforming to RDSO standard.
- The alignment has not been modified to cross the channel at right angles. Bridges have been provisioned with an additional span at skew locations. Circular piers shall be adopted to mitigate skew angle of substructure and superstructure shall be square to the track.
- Apart from above, quite a few minor bridges are also provisioned for Canal Crossings and Lift irrigation schemes which are syphon type.
- The electrical estimated cost for the project is Rs. 284.93 Cr against the Abstract Estimate cost of Rs 261.96 Cr. The total TKM of Mangliyagaon – Budni New line is 232 Km.
- The type of overhead equipment is simple polygonal type with swivelling brackets having tensions in the conductors regulated automatically in mainlines as well as yard lines.
- There are 3nos TSS of 132KV / 25KV, 3 SP and 5 SSP in the entire section. All the switching operations are remote controlled from a single remote – control centre located at Bhopal Divisional Control Office.
- Electrification of stations, Platforms, residential quarters, pumping etc. has been accounted for.
Objective and scope of Consultancy Services:
- The objective of the consultancy services is to provide Investigation and Detailed Design for Tunnels and Viaducts during pre-construction and Design Support for Construction of Tunnel and Viaduct during construction stage of single-track electrified Broad Gauge new rail line between Mangaliyagaon (Indore) and Budni. The scope of services has been divided into two stages.
The scope of services has been divided into two stages:
- Stage-1 (during Pre-Construction) will commence after award of this consultancy work and broadly involves finalization of longitudinal profile and cross section of tunnels, detailed designs of surface and underground structures including E&M system, preparation and/or Review of construction tender document for civil works including design & drawings of tunnels. It includes separate tender documents for E&M systems and other safety works at a later stage. The detailed scope for this part is given in Part-1 of this section.
- Stage-2(during Construction) will commence after award of construction works contract. Services broadly involve providing Design Support services during the construction stage to ensure timely completion of tunneling including E&M, formation and other works including in the approach of the tunnels and Viaducts. The detailed scope of work for this part is given in Part-1 & 2 of this section.
Detailed Scope of Services:
- The services to be provided shall include all provisions which shall cater for safe and comfortable running of freight as well as passenger services with minimum maintenance.
- General Consultant (GC) or authorized representative of RVNL will scrutinize the reports, concepts, designs and drawings submitted by Consultant and approve them as “Fit for Construction”.
- The services are listed below under different categories but the services required may be overlapping also. The scope of the consulting services for each of the major category listed below includes, but is not limited, to the following activities:
- Tunnel Works: Planning and design philosophy for tunnel shall be as under
- Planning: Planning of a tunnel work would require the interdependent participation of the following discipline, at a minimum:
- Geotechnical engineering
- Excavation technology i.e. Drill and blast, road header etc
- Design of supporting structural elements, including long term behaviour of materials.
- Contract principles and law
- Although the experts in each of these disciplines may be responsible only for their specific area of knowledge, the decision on the main design features should be the outcome of the cooperative integration of all the discipline thus, ensuring that the project, in all its details, has been developed in unity, and not as the consecutive addition of the separate work of each of the experts.
- Only firms that are registered or incorporated in India are eligible to compete. A subsidiary company, registered/incorporated in India may utilize the financial and technical credentials of their parent/holding company having more than 90% share in the subsidiary company either at its own (directly) and/or combined (indirectly) through one or more of its subsidiary companies.
- The technical credentials of subsidiary(ies) in which shareholding of the parent/holding company is more than 90% either at its own (directly) and/or combined (indirectly) through one or more of its subsidiary companies, shall be treated as the credentials of parent/holding company. This will be subject to submission of undertaking by the parent/holding company in the prescribed format in Form-7 of Section 3.
- Any Consultant from a country which shares a land border with India will be eligible to bid in this tender only if the Consultant is registered with the Competent Authority as stated in DoE Order no 6/18/2019-PP dtd 23 July 2020 (Public Procurement No.1). However, it will not apply to consultants from those countries (even if sharing land border with India) to which the Government of India has extended lines of credit or in which the Government of India is engaged in development projects as stated in DoE Order no 6/18/2019-PP dtd 23 July 2020 (Public Procurement No.2).
- Consultant from a country which shares a land border with India” means:
- An entity incorporated, established or registered in such a country; or
- A subsidiary of an entity incorporated, established or registered in such a country; or
- An entity substantially controlled through entities incorporated, established or registered in such a country; or
- An entity whose beneficial owner is situated in such a country; or
- An Indian (or other) agent of such an entity; or
- A natural person who is a citizen of such a country; or
- A consortium or joint venture where any member of the consortium or joint venture falls under any of the above.
Tender documents can be downloaded from website https://rvnl.org/active-tenders-new
Source: RVNL -Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR