- To facilitate handling of freight traffic at the Station, Medak Goods Shed was notified to handle goods traffic recently in July 2022. The Medak Goods shed terminal has been permitted for both loading and unloading of bagged consignments.
- Accordingly, today the first freight train containing 15 BCN wagons of fertilisers arrived from Kakinada at the Station, marking the commencement of the freight operations in the station. 948 tons of fertilisers have been received through the first rake which has arrived at the Medak station.
- The Medak Railway station is the terminal station in Telangana state and has been constructed as part of a new railway line between Akanapet – Medak New Railway line project. The new railway line between Akanapet – Medak for a distance of 17 Kms has been completed and commissioned in March, 2022.
- Subsequently, the station was notified for handling freight traffic. Commencement of freight operations at Medak station helps in catering the needs of freight customers to transport their consignments so as to improve their business avenues.
- This also helps in moving the essential items like food grains and fertilisers to the surrounding areas of the station in fast and economic means. This gives a boost to the long cherished dream of people residing in Medak district.
- The initial rake has been loaded with fertilisers with tonnage of 948 tonnes from M/s. Coromandel International Limited Siding (PGFC), Kakinada and reached Medak station on 01st August, 2022. The distance covered by this goods train is around 500 Kms.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager In-charge, South Central Railway, has complimented both Hyderabad Division and Construction Organisation along with their teams for developing Medak Station to commence freight operations. He stated that this would further help in promoting freight transportation between the surrounding areas of Medak District and add further improvement in the freight basket of the Zone.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release