As Part of the ‘Azadi Ki Rail Gadi Aur Station’ Program, one of the South Central Railway’ prestigious trains was flagged-off from Hyderabad Railway Station by the Freedom Fighters.
- As part of ‘Azadi Ki Rail Gadi Aur Station’ celebrations on South Central Railway under the aegis of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, Train No. 12723 (Hyderabad to New Delhi) Telangana Express was flagged off by the freedom fighters from Hyderabad Railway Station on 22nd July, 2022 in the presence of Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-charge) SCR, Shri Abhay Kumar Gupta, Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Secunderabad and other senior Railway officials. The train was flagged-off by three of our Telugu freedom fighters – Shri K. Chandra Prakash Rao, Shri P. Mohan Rao and Shri G. Galaiah.
- Shri K. Chandra Prakash Rao: Under the leadership of Swami Ramananda Tirtha, he had actively participated in the student rally and was among those who was sent to Warangal jail for the same.
- In the year 1946, when he was a Bala Bhatudu under Shri Hayagrivachary, a prominent freedom fighter, Shri K. Chandra Prakash Rao met Mahatma Gandhi at Warangal on his way to Wardha Junction.
- Shri P. Mohan Rao: He actively participated in the student rally as a volunteer under the leadership of Madapati Hanumantha Rao – a prominent leader and founder of Andhra Maha Sabha – for which he was also sent to Warangal jail.
- Shri G. Galaiah: From the age 15 years, he had actively participated in the freedom movement of India. He was also involved in the operation polo led by Shri Sardar Vallabh bhai patel. During student agitation at Parakala, he was sent to Warangal sub jail.
- The flagging off event of Telangana Express was aimed at honouring our freedom fighters to celebrate 75 years of Indian Independence. The freedom fighters expressed happiness and appreciated the efforts of Railways for undertaking this noble initiative to promote the rich legacy of India’s freedom movement.The Railway Protection Force personnel conducted a band display of patriotic songs on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Arun Kumar Jain stated that it is a moment of great pride for the zone as we could witness our freedom fighters flagging off the famous Telangana Express. He stated that it is our duty as citizens to recognize and honour the freedom fighters who devoted their life to achieve independence. He called upon the people to recall our freedom struggle with pride. The General Manager also felicitated the freedom fighters at the flagging off ceremony.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release
Be the first to comment