Shri Arun Kumar Jain (In-Charge), General Manager, South Central Railway conducted a detailed inspection of Charlapalli Satellite terminal on 29th July, 2022.
- He was accompanied by Shri R. Dhananjayulu, Principal Chief Operations Manager, Shri J.K Jain, Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, Shri Amit Goel, Chief Administrative Officer (Construction) Manager, and Shri AK. Gupta, Divisional Railway Manager, Secunderabad Division and other senior officials throughout the inspection.
- Shri Arun Kumar Jain conducted an extensive inspection of the on-going works at Charlapalli station which is being developed as a new and alternate coaching terminal for twin cities. He reviewed the progress of infrastructural works.
- The General Manager appreciated the team and instructed them to further speed up the work. The satellite terminal will ease the congestion at the existing three terminals i.e., Hyderabad, Secunderabad and Kacheguda stations in addition to facilitating new train services.
- The Ministry of Railways has approved development of Charlapalli Railway station with an allocation of Rs. 70 crore in the 2022-23 Budget.
- As part of the development, several works are in progress including widening of existing island platform, New Platform along with new line for MMTS trains, 2 Cover over Platforms (COP) on new Platforms and 1 COP on existing Platform, Extension of Foot over Bridge for new High level platforms, Water pedestals on both the new platforms and island platform, Lighting arrangements on new and island platforms.
Source: South Central Railway -Press Release