Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated/dedicated to the Nation/laid the Foundation Stone of a number of infrastructural projects in Jharkhand from Deoghar on 12th July, 2022. This included foundation stone laying of Redevelopment of Ranchi station.
- Simultaneously a programme was held at Ranchi Station where Shri Rameshwar Oraon, Hon’ble Minister of Finance, Planning & Development, Commercial Taxes, Food, Public Distribution and Consumer Affairs, Govt. of Jharkhand was present and delivered his speech.
- Shri Sanjay Seth, Hon’ble MP, Smt. Mahua Maji, Hon’ble MP and Shri Chandreshwar Prasad Singh, Hon’ble MLA were also present at Ranchi Station during the function and addressed the gathering.
- Ranchi station will be redeveloped at an estimated cost of Rs 447 crore. The features include world-class passenger amenities with Food Court, Executive Lounge, Cafeteria, Air-conditioned Waiting Halls, Retail Outlets etc.
- The redeveloped station building will have adequate surface parking space for smooth entry and exit and will ensure better integration of the city with the Ranchi Railway Station.
- Earlier, Ms. Archana Joshi, General Manager, South Eastern Railway welcomed the distinguished guests at Ranchi Station. Shri Pradeep Gupta, Divisional Railway Manager, SER, Ranchi and Senior Railway Officers were also present on the occasion.
Source: South Eastern Railway -Press Release | Image Credit (representational): SER