Share with your network
The redeveloped station will act as a ‘City Centre’ attracting the passengers as well as the public. It will be Divyang-friendly. green building with futuristic architecture Redeveloped station will emerge as an urban icon of Bengaluru and redefine rail passenger travel experience.
- It is the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narender Modi to develop railways as not only a means of service but as an asset. In line with the vision of Hon’ble PM, the Ministry of Railways has given immense importance to development of railway stations into world class terminals with modern amenities so that even a common railway passenger experiences a comfortable, convenient and enjoyable rail travel.
- On Jun 20. 2022. Hon’ble PM had laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment of Yesvantpur Railway Station. Following due procedure the tender was floated. The tender is now finalised as per extant policy and procedure and has been awarded to M/s Girdhari Lal Construction Pvt. Ltd. on 18.10 2922.
- The cost of the project is Rs. 380 crore The site office has been set-up and the first phase of the work has already commenced. (pictures attached). The contract has been done in EPC mode i.e. Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract which is also known as ‘turnkey’ contract wherein one agency will have the responsibility to design, procure. construct and hand over the project.
- The redeveloped station will act as a ‘City Centre’ attracting the passengers as well as the public. There will be a 216 m wide air-concourse. with segregated arrival departure gates for passengers to avoid congestion.
- The roof plaza proposed over the platform will include retail spaces. ford court entertainment centres etc. Clearly defined LED based signages will be provided for making way-finding easier for passengers in the station premises.
- A new station building will come up towards the metro-station side (West side) which will be a four storeyed building. There will be a multi-level car parking near Platform 1 side (G+5 structure). Above Platform No-1 there will be a Departure-cum-Arrival Plaza with direct connectivity to air concourse, just as in an airport.
- The rooting of the air concourse will have provision for allowing direct natural tight. Further. well demarcated drop and pick-up points will be provided to avoid crowded/congestion. It is proposed to have provision of connection with Metro Station at air – concourse level for the convenience of passengers going to/coming from Metro Station.
- For easy access an elevated road will come up on the East side (city side) connecting directly to the air-concourse departure plaza. There will be seamless integration of all modes of public transport at the station for the convenience of the public.
- Special emphasis is laid to make the redeveloped station Divyang-friendly by providing ramps, lifts and special toilets. The building will be designed as a ‘green’ building highlighting the commitment of Indian Railways towards energy conservation and environment protection.
- There will be measures in place for effective disposal of solid waste, discharge of effluents as well as a rain water harvesting system to conserve water.
- The architecture of the redeveloped station is based on a futuristic, linear design developing Yesvantpur Railway Station into an urban icon of the modern, vibrant city of Bengaluru.
- The redeveloped station would be able to cater to the daily projected footfall of 1 lakh+ passengers per day, presently the footfall is close to 60.000 approximately. The project is targeted to be completed by June 2025.
Source: South Western Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Western Railway
Be the first to comment