Shri Sanjeev Kishore, General Manager of South Western Railway reviewed the progress of the work of Ginigera – Raichur (165 Km) New line Project. He directed the Chief Engineer Shri Mahesh Dekate to ensure completion of the targeted work well in time.
- Shri Kishore visited and inspected the Karatagi – Sindhanur (18 Km) section on 15.12.2022, which is targeted for commissioning by March 2023. He also reviewed the progress of development of goods shed at Karatagi.
- He interacted with contractors of the project and instructed them to maintain highest standards and proper quality with respect to the infrastructure being created.
- This new line project was sanctioned in 2007- 2008 as a cost sharing project (50:50) with Government of Karnataka, the estimate of this new line project is Rs.26.00 Cr.
- The new line will enhance connectivity to Kalyana Karnataka region and reduce the distance between Koppal/Hosapete to Hyderabad. The Gangavati region is known as the ‘rice bowl’ of Karnataka – the railway line connectivity will give a boost to transport of rice benefitting the farmers and agri – producers of the region.
- A total 66 km has been commissioned already till date of this New line project, Ginigera – Chikkabenakal (27km) commissioned in 2017, Chikkabenakal – Gangavathi (13km) commissioned in 2019, Gangavathi – Karatagi (26 km) commissioned in 2020.
- Shri Harsh Khare, Divisional Railway Manager, Hubballi and Shri Mahesh Dekate, Chief Engineer were present during the inspection.
Source: South Western Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Western Railway