- This section i.e. Sanganal to Linganbandi (23.7 km) is targeted to be commissioned by March 2023.
- This new line project was sanctioned in 2013-14, on a 50:50 cost sharing basis with Govt of Karnataka (with land free by State Govt). The estimated cost of the project is Rs 2842 crores.
- It may be noted that in 2022, the first stretch i.e. Talkal to Sanganal (22 km) has been commissioned.
- Shri Kishore instructed the Construction Wing of SWR to complete the targeted work in time, and advised that all safety norms be followed at the work site during the construction work.
- DRM Hubballi Shri Harsh Khare, Chief Engineer Shri Mahesh Dekate and senior officers were present.
- The section between Talkal – Sangnal (22 kms) was commissioned in March 2022.
- The section between Sangnal – Linganbandi (23.7 km) is targeted to be commissioned in the current Financial Year 2022-23 and the section between Linganbandi – Kushtagi (10 km) is targeted to be commissioned in 2023-24.
- The work for the balance sections is planned to be taken up in phases through EPC mode of tendering after handing over 90% of land by the Government of Karnataka.
Source: South Western Railway- Press Release | Images Credit: South Western Railway