Kanpur: Based on technical evaluation of bids submitted for the tender KNPCC-4: Civil, Architectural Finishes, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage, External Development, Firefighting, Fire detection, E&M works and PEB structures for 9 nos. Elevated metro stations (from IIT Kanpur to Motijheel Metro Station) on priority section of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India on 07.07.2020, following two (02) bidders have qualified for opening of their Financial Package in accordance with the provision of Tender Document.
- M/s Sam (India) Builtwell Pvt. Ltd.
- M/s Rama Civil India Construction Pvt Ltd
The opening of Financial Package for tender KNPCC-04 is scheduled at 15:00 hrs on 27.08.2020 at Board Room, Administrative Building, UPMRC Ltd., Near Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal, Vi pin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow – 226010, Uttar Pradesh.
In February this year, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) had invited Open Tenders for the work, “Contract KNPCC-04: Civil, Architectural Finishes, Water Supply, Sanitary Installation, Drainage, External Development, Fire fighting, Fire detection, E&M works and PEB structures for 9 nos. Elevated metro stations (from IIT Kanpur to Motijheel Metro Station) on priority section of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.”
- Approximate cost of work: INR 135.00 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 14 months
The Employer will award the Contract to the Tenderers whose Tender has been determined to be substantially responsive and compliant to the requirements contained in the Tender Documents and who has offered the Lowest Evaluated Tender Price.
In September 2019, Afcons Infrastructure Limited bagged the first civil contract for Kanpur Metro’s priority corridor for the Contract KNPCC02(R1): Construction of elevated viaduct and 9 Nos. elevated station (viz. IIT Kanpur Station, Kalyanpur Railway Station, SPM Hospital Station, Kanpur University Station, Gurudev Chauraha Station, Geeta Nagar Station, Rawatpur Railway Station, Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital Station & Motijheel Station) including special span on Priority Section of Corridor-1, Phase-I of Kanpur Metro at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.”
Recent progress on Kanpur Metro project:
- Under the aegis of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC), the civil works of the Kanpur Metro project are being executed at a very fast pace and now another major achievement is going to be associated with the project
- Kanpur Metro’s viaduct has started taking shape near IIT.
- As on 20.08.2020, 10 U-Girders have been erected at the viaduct of the Priority Corridor (IIT-Motijheel).
- 22 double T-girders have also been erected for the concourse of the IIT station.
- The first U-girder of the project has been erected on 12.08.2020 for the Metro viaduct on Pillar No. 17 and 18 near IIT Kanpur on the Priority Section of Kanpur Metro project.
- Total of 638 U-girders are to be laid on the 9 kms long Priority Section (IIT-Motijheel).
- Metro construction on a priority section of Kanpur Metro the project was commenced on 15th November 2019.
Source: UPMRC-Tender Update