The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has issued Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s. Sanjeev Brothers for the Balance construction works including launching of 6 nos. precast RCC boxes, P-Way works and other associated works in connection with One No. Road Under Bridge (RUB) on Single Line Railway track (Connecting Chord line between Ahmedabad-Vadodara line & Godhra-Vadodara Line at High Speed Rail Alignment between Mumbai & Ahmedabad (HSRMA) Chainage KM 402/935M in Karodiya Village, Vadodara.”
- Contract Amount: Rs. 1.87 Crore
- Completion period of the Work: 03 months
In April this year, the NHSRCL had invited tenders for the Contract Package No.: NHSRCL/BRC/2021/05.
Scope of work:
According to the tender document, the scope of work in brief is given below, but the scope also includes all other requirements stipulated in various parts/volumes of the contract document including appendices and annexure:
- The work involves in this contract includes launching of 6 nos of RCC Boxes of size 6.0 m X 4.65 m, 3m long segments for one RUB of 18.10 m barrel length under the existing single line Railway track (Connecting chord line between Ahmedabad-Vadodara line and Godhara-Vadodara line) in lieu of proposed second Railway track in future for providing Road under Bridge at HSRMA chainage: km402/935m in Karodiya village, Vadodara by using “Cut and Cover Method”.
- The Contractor shall submit the detailed method statement for launching of RCC Box segments of the RUB within 14 days of the Letter of Acceptance/ prior to commencement of the works at site.
- The method statement shall have to be approved by the Engineer. The method statement of launching shall include but not limited thereto the following minimum details.
- Numbers and capacity of cranes to be used along with their load chart of the cranes, safety inspection report by the Charted Engineer/ any other competent authorities.
- Capacity of cranes shall be assessed which should be more than 1.5 times of the load to be handled.
- Number and capacity of all the lifting tools along with a safety inspection report by the Charted Engineer/ any other competent authority.
- Numbers of other Equipments & tools to be used in launching operation, i.e. spreader beams, slings etc.
- Narrative and Pictorial representation of procedure of the handling, lifting, hauling, transporting and launching of RCC Boxes at the final location considering maximum safe working load of the cranes with respect to the working radius and maximum boom height.
- Detailed working Launching scheme, planning and programme for all the activities to be carried out prior to and during the Railway traffic block as per the guidelines issued in tender, drawings and instructions stipulated in circulars, letters time to time from Railway Board and CBE office, Western Railway HQ, Churchgate in connection with launching and erection.
- Prior to launching of the actual box segment, it must be ensured to demonstrate the capacity of the crane to lift the required weight corresponding to required radius and boom height at mock location in presence of the Engineer in charge or his representative.
- All construction/launching materials to be used in the work shall be as per relevant IS/IRS specification, wherever applicable, and shall be approved by the Engineer in charge before use in work.
- Contractor shall take all care to avoid any damage to underground cables, telephone cable, OFC cables, water pipe lines, sewerage system etc.
- Any damage to the railway property/ any other utilities on account of contractor’s negligence shall be made good at contractor’s cost.
- Any root or branch of tree infringing the work shall be cut/trimmed by the contractor at his own cost. Necessary permission in regard to these shall be obtained. No extra payment shall be made.
- The segments of RCC Box are to be launched below track after removing the track and cutting the formation to form a complete box during a full traffic block.
- Contractor shall have to make all the arrangements for launching the box well before the traffic block at site as per the approved planning.
- The contractor shall also execute the work related to the P-Way items as mentioned in the Bill of Quantity along with other works such as construction of retaining wall/toe wall/return wall/any other element as required.
- All construction/launching materials to be used in the work shall be as per relevant IS specification, wherever applicable, and shall be approved by the Engineer in charge before use in Work.
- Only approved design mix shall be used for the concreting works.
About Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor:
The first High Speed Rail corridor to be implemented in the Country, with technical and financial assistance of the Government of Japan, has been identified from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. With a total twelve stations in the States of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the corridor will have a length of 508.17 Km.
- High speed rail will cover 155.76 kms in the state of Maharashtra (7.04 Kms in Mumbai sub-urban, 39.66 kms in Thane district & 109.06 kms in Palghar district), 4.3 kms in union territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and 348.04 kms in the state of Gujarat.
- High speed rail will cover a total 12 stations namely Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, (in Maharashtra), Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati (in Gujarat).
- Where a limited stop (in Surat & Vadodara) service will cover this distance in 1 hr. and 58 mins and all stops service will take 2 hr. 57 min to cover this distance.
- High speed rail will be operating at a speed of 320 Km/hr at an elevated (10 to 15 m) track above the ground on a viaduct all along except 26 kms in Mumbai, which will be underground.
- All stations will be elevated except Bandra Kurla Complex station (Mumbai), which will be underground.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL