The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Shreeji Casting Corporation for the work “Shifting of Signaling utilities of ARME siding at Vadodara station in Connection with Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail (MAHSR) ”.
- Tender Reference Number: NHSRCL/BRC/2021/18
- Awarded Value: INR 43.64 Lakh
- Completion Period (in days): 90
In September this year, the NHSRCL invited tenders for Tender Reference Number: NHSRCL/BRC/2021/18.
Scope of Work:
The Scope of work essentially consists of Shifting of Signaling utilities of ARME siding at Vadodara station in Connection with Construction of MAHSR. All the works shall be executed confirming to the specifications and drawings mentioned in the tender schedule and all the relevant clauses which are applicable to the items of schedule shall be adhered to.
- During testing and commissioning of the installation, the contractor’s engineers will be available at site for testing and commissioning and also for doing any wiring alterations which will be required during testing and commissioning. The work will be supervised by Senior Divisional Signal & Telecom Engineer, Vadodara, Western Railway or his authorized representative.
- However, payment will be made by NHSRCL on the basis of work certified by Senior Divisional Signal & Telecom Engineer, Western Railway, Pratapnagar, Vadodara-390004. Completed works shall be handed over to Western Railway, Vadodara Division.
- The tenderer(s) shall inspect the proposed site of work and acquaint himself/themselves with the site conditions, distances of gears, compatibility / interfacing, voltages / currents requirements of various existing gears and of equipment to be installed with their system and any other specific requirements etc.
- The tenderer shall undertake study / survey of signaling systems / practices used in Western Railway / Vadodara Division and make his own arrangement of the interlocking work involved in integration of the indoor equipment with existing indoor & outdoor equipment to be installed so as to make the entire system successful / functional.
- The tenderer(s) shall inspect the proposed site of work and acquaint himself/themselves with the site conditions, working hours, layout of land, station building, trees and shrubs that he/they will have to cut, type of strata likely to be met within the borrow pits, stacking space for materials, approach roads, path ways available etc. and all relevant items connected with the execution of the work.
- No claim shall be entertained for the contractor(s) making his/their own arrangements for approaches/approach road from outside railway land and contractor(s) will bear entire expenses such as road taxes, payment for right of way, etc. to outsiders and for Construction of approaches/approach roads, etc.
- Supply of technical documentation & drawings as per Para 6 of SCC.
- Scope of work is detailed in “Bill of Quantities” and as per “Technical specification”. Work is to be carried out in strict compliance to the tender conditions and specifications.
- Wherever Specifications are not indicated, work will be carried out as per standard practice on Western Railway and instructions of Engineer in charge.
Additional details about MAHSR project:
- Work has already begun on 325 km (in Gujarat state) out of a 508 km corridor between Mumbai & Ahmedabad.
- More than 97% land has been acquired for the project in Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli and 30% land in Maharashtra
- This project will improve the skill set in various rail construction technologies. Japanese counterparts will provide training to National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited employees and also to contractors.
- More than 6000 workers are already working at various construction sites for the project, thus creating employment opportunities for the local youth.
- It is estimated that the Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project will create more than 90,000 jobs in this area including 51,000 jobs for technicians, skilled and unskilled workers.
- This project will boost the overall economy of the area by deploying 1000s of trucks, dumpers, excavators, batching plants, tunneling equipment and so on. It is estimated that 7.5 million ton of cement, 2.1 million ton of steel and 70000 tonnes of structural steel will be used in the construction.
- National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited is also preparing detailed project reports for seven high speed rail corridors. With the experience of execution of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail project, the works of other corridors will be faster.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL