Shri Amar Prakash Dwivedi, General Manager, Eastern Railway reviewed the safety, punctuality, loading construction/projects, fund utilisation, controllable PU, mobility, scrape sale in a Weekly Review Meeting of Principal Heads of Departments at Eastern Railway’s Headquarters at Fairlie Place. Divisional Railway Managers of Sealdah, Howrah, Asansol and Malda and CWM s were present through video conference.
- All safety measures and issues relating to safety were discussed in length and breadth, action needed for the same was also decided. The General Manager directed all DRMs and Principal Heads of the Departments to immediately enhance the night inspections and asked to be more serious and careful so far as safety in train running is concerned.
- At the outset, the General Manager was apprised of the safety scenario of Eastern Railway and the matter concerning for immediate attention of Divisions as well as major departments like Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Signal & Telecom and Traffic Department.
- General Manager asked the Divisions to give emphasis on the safety front as it is one of the most sensitive and priority issues. He made it clear to all concerned that no compromise will be made so far as the safety is concerned. He also put a lot of stress on maintenance of track & intensive maintenance of all points and crossings etc.
- General Manager/Eastern Railway also advised for better coordination with Divisions and the Principal Heads of Departments of all departments. All issues concerning safety operations of train movements and passenger amenities related issues should be discussed and sorted out on priority on short-term basis for immediate redressal and on long term basis as permanent redressal.
- In the meeting the main agenda was major unusual cases in Eastern Railway, unusual and accident cases of other zonal Railways, safety Drives and compliances, Fencing to prevent Cattle Run Over (in last accident location and vulnerable location),Procurement of B-Scan machines, Audio Recording facilities at non-interlocked gates, Elimination of manned level crossings, Construction of Robs, Construction of Road Under Bridge/Limited Height Subway, elimination of Mechanical Signalling, Interlocking of Level Crossing gates, Fire Safety in Rolling Stock, Fire safety of important buildings, long hours of crew.
- The General Manager gave directions to adhere to all safety norms and ensure safety in train operations with all priority. In this connection, detailed instructions for maintaining safety during construction of FOB were instructed to be framed by the Engineering Department and made part of the contract agreement to make contractors responsible for safety as a large number of Foot Over Bridge works are going to be taken up under Amrit Bharat Station.
- He also emphasised intensifying efforts to prevent SPAD (Signal Passed at Danger) Cases and improvement of points, crossings and yards conditions. A detailed fencing plan to prevent cattle run over with a target date of completion was also presented by the Engineering Department.
- Later, he discussed punctuality and reviewed all loss of punctuality cases on a case to case basis and advised for taking up immediate measures to improve the punctuality.
Source: Eastern Railway- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Eastern Railway