Shri Anil Jerath, on 23 March 2022 took charge as Director (Finance) and nominated as member of the Board of BEML Limited, a Govt of India undertaking under the Ministry of Defence.
- A Cost & Management Accountant from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, He was Chief General Manager (Finance), BEML prior to this elevation.
- Shri Jerath has a rich and varied experience of 32 years in Government, Public & Private Sectors with wide exposure in all aspects of Accounting & Financial management, Accounts finalisation & audit, Tax planning and Tax management, Working capital Management and Internal financial control & Costing.
About BEML Limited:
- BEML Limited (formerly Bharat Earth Movers Limited) was established in May 1964 as a Public Sector Undertaking for manufacture of Rail Coaches & Spare Parts and Mining Equipment at its Bangalore Complex.
- The Company has partially disinvested and presently Government of India owns 54 percent of total equity and rest 46 percent is held by Public, Financial Institutions, Foreign Institutional Investors, Banks and Employees.
- BEML Limited, a ‘Schedule-A’ Company, plays a pivotal role and serves India’s core sectors like Defence, Rail, Power, Mining and Infrastructure.
- The Company operates under three major Business verticals viz., Mining & Construction, Defence and Rail & Metro.
- The three verticals are serviced by nine manufacturing units located at Bangalore, Kolar Gold Fields (KGF), Mysore, Palakkad and Subsidiary – Vignyan Industries Ltd, in Chikmagalur District.
Source- BEML- Press Release