Shri Anshul Gupta, an officer of Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers from UPSC’s 1984 batch joined as the General Manager of N.F. Railway on 1st December, 2020 following approval of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet in this regard. Prior to this, he was working as the Additional Member (Signal), Railway Board, New Delhi. Earlier he has also worked as Additional General Manager, West Central Railway, Jabalpur and Principal Executive Director (Signal), Railway Board.
- He had also worked as the Divisional Railway Manager of Delhi Division of Northern Railway, Adra Division of South Eastern Railway and also looked after the charge of the Divisional Railway Manager of Ranchi Division of South Eastern Railway.
- Shri Gupta has a very successful carrier in both education and service life.
- He has completed Masters of Engineering in Computer and Information Sciences with specialization in Artificial Intelligence from the prestigious Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore.
- After joining Indian Railways he has capably worked in various roles including operations and maintenance of Railways Signal & Telecom systems, undertaking of projects of Modernisation of Signalling and Telecom Systems, Vendor and Product Development in the field of Railway Signalling and Telecommunication Systems, quality inspections for the Material manufactured for Railways requirement etc.
- He has been instrumental in development of suitable policies for the introduction and absorption of modern Signalling systems on Indian Railways, especially indigenously developed TCAS (Train Collision Avoidance System).
- He has also worked as Group General Manager / Marketing in RailTel and was instrumental in bringing high visibility and profitable projects of National Knowledge Network and NOFN (National Optic Fibre Network) to RailTel.
- These projects were to improve Broadband penetration and bridge the Digital Divide for entire NE area.
- Shri Gupta has also done Post Graduate course in Public Policy from MDI, Gurgaon and George Mason University, Virginia, where he wrote a thesis on ‘Development of Integrated Logistic System for Dedicated Freight Corridor for Indian Railways”.
- He has a wide experience of presenting technical papers at International levels.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway-Update