Share with your network
Shri Eknath Shinde, Chief Minister of Maharashtra (Through Video Conferencing) in the august presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, flagged off the inaugural run of New Ashti-Ahmednagar DEMU service.
- The inaugural run of New Ashti-Ahmednagar DEMU service was flagged off by Shri Eknath Shinde, Chief Minister of Maharashtra (Through Video Conferencing) in the august presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri Raosaheb Dadarao Patil Danve, Minister of State for Railways, Coal and Mines, Government of India at New Ashti railway station.
- Earlier, the New Ashti-Ahmednagar new line (66 km) was inaugurated by unveiling the plaque.
|Category||Total Length (KM)||BM Phase-1 (KM)||Award (till Jan’21)||Construction (till Jan’21)|
|Inter Corridors and Feeder Roads||15,400||6,000||1,099||229|
|National Corridors Efficiency Improvement||13,049||5,000||1,859||608|
|Border Roads/Strategic Highways||5,198||2,000||1,110||890|
|Coastal and Port Connectivity Roads||3,298||2,000||229||61|
- Shri Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil, Minister for Revenue, Animal Husbandry & Dairy development, Govt of Maharashtra, Smt. Pankaja Munde, Former Minister of Maharashtra, Members of Parliament Dr. Pritam Munde, Dr. Sujay Vikhe Patil, MLCs Shri Suresh Dhas, Shri Ram Shinde, MLAs Shri Balasaheb Ajabe, Shri Laxman Pawar, former MLA Shri Shivaji Kardile and Smt. Pallavi Dhonde, Nagaradhyaksha were present on the occasion.
Background & Benefits:
- The 66 km New Ashti-Ahmednagar broad gauge line is a part of the 261 km Ahmednagar-Beed-Parli Vaijnath new broad gauge line project which is on 50-50 cost sharing between the Government of India and State Government.
- The DEMU service will ensure better connectivity to residents of the New Ashti-Ahmednagar belt and nearby areas.
- It will promote local trade and industries and thus boost socio-economic growth of the Marathwada region.
- The DEMU train will leave Ahmednagar at 07.45 am and arrive at New Ashti at 10.30 am and in return, will leave New Ashti at 11.00 am and arrive at Ahmednagar at 1.55 pm. This train will run daily except Sunday.
- This DEMU train will halt at Kada, New Dhanora, Solapurwadi, New Loni and Narayandoho.
Source: PIB -Press Release | Image Credit: PIB
Be the first to comment