South Central Railway conducted a meeting with Hon’ble Members of Parliament, covering the jurisdiction of Nanded Division. Shri Raosaheb Dadarao Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal & Mines; Dr. Bhagwat Karad, Hon’ble Minister of State of Finance; Shri Syed Imtiaz Jaleel, Hon’ble MP, Aurangabad; Shri Sanjay Jadhav, Hon’ble MP, Parbhani; Dr. Fauzia Tahseen Khan, Hon’ble MP (Rajya Sabha) participated in the meeting held 20th October, 2021 at the District Collector’s office, Aurangabad.
- Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway, Upinder Singh, Divisional Railway Manager, Nanded Division and Principal Heads of Departments of SCR attended the meeting.
- Shri Gajanan Mallya GM/SCR welcomed the dignitaries and briefed them on the performance of South Central Railway and various steps initiated for improving the passenger amenities of the Zone.
- The General Manager also updated the Hon’ble Members about the works done by the Zone in the recent past including infrastructural works done, various train services initiated for keeping essential goods supply intact and initiatives taken for passenger amenities among others.
- The Hon’ble Members of Parliament complimented the initiative of SCR in convening the meeting.
- During the course of the meeting, the Hon’ble Members of Parliament raised several issues related to Railway developmental works / services in their respective constituencies.
- The demands raised by the Hon’ble Members included construction of new railway lines and their progress, Station development works, Doubling and Electrification works, introduction of new trains, extension of existing train services, additional stoppages to existing trains, construction of Road Over Bridges/Road Under Bridges and providing improved passenger amenities etc.
- Later addressing the media, Shri Raosaheb Dadarao Danve, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways, Coal & Mines stated that Rail Infrastructure works worth of Rs. 4,264 Cr has been sanctioned for Maharashtra state on SCR jurisdiction.
- These works include :
- 263 Km of Double Line, 42 Km of Third line & 930 Kms of Electrification.
- Doubling of the railway line between Mudkhed-Parbhani for a length of 81 Km has been completed.
- The Gauge conversion works between Akola-Akot for a distance of 43 Km is also completed.
- Electrification works between Akola-Lohagad for a distance of 34 RKM have been completed.
- He also stated that there is huge demand for connectivity between Nashik and Pune and the project is being given high priority.
- Indian Railways is according top priority to the safety related infra works which include construction of Road under Bridges (RuBs) and Road over Bridges (RoBs).
- He stated that one RuB at Shivaji Nagar in Aurangabad city will be constructed on cost sharing basis.
- New rail line work between Beed-Parli for a distance of 30 kms has been completed and another stretch of 30 kms is expected to be completed during the current financial year.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager stated that the deliberations in this meeting would immensely help the Railways in finalizing the Railway developmental plans for the people of this region. The suggestions and views expressed by the Hon’ble Members would be given due considerations while formulating the proposals, he added.
Source: South Central Railway-Press Release