Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, on 17.11.2021 inspected the stretch between Kavi Subhas to Salt Lake Sector V stations of the upcoming New Garia (Kavi Subhas)-Airport Metro project along with other senior officers of Metro Railway and Shri Amit Roy, ED/ RVNL.
- Shri Joshi inspected the construction site of Kavi Subhas Metro station and the rake reversal arrangements at this station.
- He also visited the passenger interchanging points between old and new Kavi Subhas Metro stations as well as New Garia station of Eastern Railway.
- He took stock of the progress of the construction of double discharge platforms and the carshed near Kavi Subhas Metro station.
- Later, he also inspected the construction works of Satyajit Ray. J.N.Nandi, Hemanta Mukherjee, Kavi Sukanta.
- Beliaghata and Salt Lake Sector V stations.
- He also discussed the action plan for completion of the work at critical locations where discontinuities of via-duct are to be bridged.
- Shri Joshi reviewed the passenger interchanging arrangements at Salt Lake Sector V station with East-West Metro.
- He instructed concerned officials to complete all project works within the stipulated time.
Metro Railway Users’ Consultative Committee meeting:
The first meeting of the newly constituted Metro Railway Users’ Consultative Committee (MRUCC) was held on 09.11.2021 at Metro Rail Bhavan.
- Shri. Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway presided over this meeting which was also attended by senior officers of Metro Railway.
- He briefed the Members about the various initiatives taken by the Metro Authority to further augment passenger amenities in the Metro premises and the progress of different on-going Metro projects in the city.
- Members gave their suggestions and advice to improve Metro services.
- In the meeting, Smt. Roopa Ganguly, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Rajya, Sabha), Shri Prasad Kumar Basu, OSD & Ex. Officio Joint Secretary, Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of West Bengal, & Smt. Ajanta Chakraborty, Sr. Assistant Editor, The Times of India, Shri Shanker Das, Nominated Member of Railway Board were present and expressed their willingness to support Metro Railway’s efforts for improving the services.
- Shri Manoj loshi, General Manager, Metro Railway and Chairman of the Metro Railway Users’ Consultative Committee (MRUCC) assured that all suggestions received from Members of MRUCC will be examined and necessary measures will be taken accordingly.
- The Meeting was held in a congenial atmosphere where members and the official side discussed many important issues.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release