The first meeting of the newly constituted Metro Railway Users’ Consultative Committee (MRUCC) was held on 09.11.2021 at Metro Rail Bhavan.
- Shri. Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway presided over this meeting which was also attended by senior officers of Metro Railway.
- He briefed the Members about the various initiatives taken by the Metro Authority to further augment passenger amenities in the Metro premises and the progress of different on-going Metro projects in the city.
- Members gave their suggestions and advice to improve Metro services.
- In the meeting, Smt. Roopa Ganguly, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Rajya, Sabha), Shri Prasad Kumar Basu, OSD & Ex. Officio Joint Secretary, Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of West Bengal, & Smt. Ajanta Chakraborty, Sr. Assistant Editor, The Times of India, Shri Shanker Das, Nominated Member of Railway Board were present and expressed their willingness to support Metro Railway’s efforts for improving the services.
- Shri Manoj loshi, General Manager, Metro Railway and Chairman of the Metro Railway Users’ Consultative Committee (MRUCC) assured that all suggestions received from Members of MRUCC will be examined and necessary measures will be taken accordingly.
- The Meeting was held in a congenial atmosphere where members and the official side discussed many important issues.
- On 02.11.2021, Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway inspected underground Sealdah Metro station along with Shri Manas Sarkar, MD KMRCL, Principal Head of Departments of Metro Railway and other senior officials of KMRCL in order to review the progress of the on-going works.
- Station commissioning works and installation of various equipment related to signalling, CCTV monitoring, Air-conditioning system, Air Handling Units.
- Power-Supply, Platform Screen Doors, Tracks, passenger interchange points with Eastern Railway etc were inspected by Shri Joshi.
- The General Manager held a detailed discussion with Shri Manas Sarkar MD, KMRCL, at the site.
- He expressed his satisfaction after inspecting the progress of the on-going works.
- Commissioning of Sealdah Metro station to extend East-West Metro services up to Sealdah from Phoolbagan is being planned and works are progressing accordingly.
- After completion of all the works, the Commissioner of Railway Safety will be requested to conduct his inspection for giving the final authorisation for starting commercial services up to Sealdah.
- This extension of the East-West Corridor up to Sealdah is going to benefit suburban passengers coming to Sealdah and going towards New Town.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release